how do you tuck

yeah same here. That’s what I did when I first was trying to hit 30" I’d spend the whole ride just doing that and I’d get so frustrated that I could hardly hop up 20" by the end of the ride. That’s when I figured out I make better progress when I hardly work on maxing my height and just have fun haha

thx for answers guys, helped a lot.

I also did squats at the beginning of transferinf myslef from si to sif. now I do them not so much but still I try to squat before each attempt to high jump. it helps now, meybe later it will not be useful anymore.

I have another question - when You have Your training session do You do just trials? I try to mix street and flat tricks + some trials. Fe. I jump for 20min, then 10min do new trick, then another, then trial, then trick etc.

Is is better to concetrate on only one type of riding (trial session, then street session) or one trick or it just depends on what You like ;)?

greets

it’s probably better to do what you’re doing but, i don’t care for flat, street, or anything else.

trials is just what i love.

i guess besides trials the thing that i put the most time into was gliding, which i also love. but when i glide, i just have gliding sessions, lol. i usually do gliding sessions when i’m too tired and sore to hop.

hmm i do the same as the 59 fails vid :stuck_out_tongue: i just recoverd from my broken leg and can ride again. i now HAVE to learn to tuck, my side hop is at 70cm with a pre hop and 60ish cm with out. i dont tuck at all! its really annoying, will post a vid of my progress

haha, boffy, im recovering from a broken leg too! :smiley:
Im also at about 60cm SIF static, but i dont work with prehops. im just going to practise tucking a lot i suppose
also, NEW PEDALS <3

Do pedals make much difference? I use metal pinned but most riders at NAUCC last year used plastic pinned.

I actually dont know, but the bearings on my old pedals were extremely loose, and one of them was cracked so i’ve been waiting eagerly for the new ones to arrive. Oh, and these ones are nice and translucent blue! :smiley:

i used to think it made a diff, but i’ve been using plastic for about a week now, and i love em.

makes a difference in the wet.

I dont think it was pedals, I think it was because you rolled fwd and tryed to correct it but went over, but hea I didn’t it, I just watch the video and that’s what it looks like :smiley: I use to use twisted PC’s for trials until I started grinding a bit and lost all the grip. awesome video by the way

haha yeah, i never ride when it’s wet anyway. i slip on metal pedals when it’s wet…

plus, you shouldn’t have that stuff around your pallets! haha

I definitely only rolled forward because my back foot slipped off haha.

yeah I know, I learned that afterwards haha

Fair enough haha, I’m still getting my tuck better if that makes sense, I can do 60cm almost can do 80cm I’ve completely missed the 70cm range stupid pallets lol.

haha nice. I pedal grabbed 99cm static a few days ago. There was a large stack of pallets outside the place I work at and I was waiting for the bus. Didn’t feel like moving them around so I just tried to jump up the whole stack haha

hey guys. I’ve been working on my trials SIF static hops lately. When you are hopping SIF do you guys focus more so on your feet or your pulling hand? WHen I’m tucking should i try and almost have “light” feet so it is easier to pull up? Sorry it is hard to explain what I mean.
thanks

I’m still learning but improving :smiley:
You have to do both, but concentrate on pulling your legs up and the handle kinda happens instinctively.
Also, wear non restricting clothing, i cant stress this enough! sweatpants = perfect for me, but yeah, definitely helps a lot.

it’s all about bringin your legs up…but doing that you also really have to be able to mash the tire down fast. lowering your pressure helps at first, but as you get better at static you’ll start bottoming out with low pressure…then it’ll be time to increase a bit.

Your hop should be all in your legs. Like DSchmitt said, you have to be able to mash the tire into the ground really hard and then bring your legs up as you bounce. If you try to get your tuck height from your arm then you’ll end up hurting yourself a lot.

okay cool. and where do you guys get pallets/skids to practice. i cant find any .
thanks

check out craigslist…the free section. a lot of people put pallets on there a lot