How Did Kris Holm do this?

Hey there,
Does anyone know how kris holm made it up on this pole?, was it a crank climb, or a massive jump

here’s the pic

Aaron

hi aaron,

I think Kris uses a pedal or a crank crab to climb on an abstacle like this. In his new video, One Tired Guy, he climbed on a post like this too…
To jump directly on a such small area like this, in that high (maybe 3 feet), is very very difficult (!)

_Felix

Re: How Did Kris Holm do this?

— foxx <foxx.791oz@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:
> > hi aaron,
> > I think Kris uses a pedal or a crank crab to climb on an abstacle like
> this. In his new video, One Tired Guy, he climbed on a post like this
> too…

Mostly its just intimidating because there’s a fair chance you’ll get a post up your butt if you
aren’t careful. =)

The best learning progression is to start pedal grabbing in natural terrain trials, where it’s
rare to have a nice square edge to hook your pedal over. This increases precision and also your
mental control for pedal grabbing indimidating obstacles. It’s also a lot more interesting to
pedal grab things like rounded logs, and, unlike urban trials, you can ride as much as you want
without damaging anything that matters.

-Kris.

Do You Yahoo!?

You’d be suprised the height that can be obtained from a normal pedal grab. Last night I went for a good Muni ride with some guys 25 minutes away. Part of the trail had a little campground with a bench made out of two old logs sitting up and a piece of wood. One of the guys riding with us what a photography for the local newspaper with a camera that took something like 4 frames per second. He got some really good pictures of me in the air transitioning from the log onto the top of it, aka “getting rubber.” Hopefully the picture will make the paper, but if not the guy said he can make some glossy 8x10s for me.

Kris are you saying that plant life doesen’t matter!?!

Just kidding

Aaron

i live near vancouver, and he was on the news a few weeks ago doing that. It showed him jumping up, so his pedal was on the top of the post, then jumping onto the post