Hotter 'n Hell Hundred

Anybody else riding the Hotter 'n Hell Hundred in Wichita Falls, Texas on Aug. 27? I think there will be four of us from Dallas, with most doing the 50-mile ride.

I can’t get down there next weekend. I did check out their website. The 10 mile off road event is the most interesting to me. I’ll try to do that one next year. I’ve been in the 12 Miles Of Hell / Hills Of Hell event three times. Any Texans interested in that March event?

Check out the unicycle comment here:
http://forums.earthriders.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4728

14,000 Bi*es and a Handful of Unicycles

The 2012 Edition of the Hotter 'n Hell Hundred is Saturday, Aug. 25 in Wichita Falls, Texas. Last year there were three unicyclists among the 14,000 bi*es. More unicyclists from Dallas are planning on going up this year… It’s early in the planning, but we have half a dozen, evenly split between the 25 mile route and the 100K route.

Anyone else planning to go? Routes are 6 miles, 25 miles, 50 miles, 100K and 100 miles. It’s usually VERY hot, but support is plentiful and the other riders were very supportive of us being out there on unicycles.

25 miles looks a lot more appropriate for me out in those conditions. I’ll have to make sure my old Coker is ready also.

Sounds like a good time.

Wow! You guys are tough.

Yesterday I rode the Downieville Downhill 100. Temps topped out at 106 degrees f yesterday in the Sacramento area, though it was fortunately a little cooler up there! We sweated a LOT. Today it’s even hotter, and I’m, uh, sitting in front of this computer with sore legs.

Best of luck, and remember to stock up on your electrolytes in the days preceding the race!

Aug. 24, 2013

This year’s ride is coming up Aug. 24. I think six or eight riders will drive up from Dallas and at least one is planning on driving down from Oklahoma. Most of us will do 25 miles this year.

Come join us!

I am coming up from Houston to come and do the ride. Cant decide whether I want to do the 25 or push it and do the 50.

2014 Edition – Aug. 23

This year’s event is coming up Saturday, Aug. 23. Looks like 6 or 8 unicycles, with nearly everybody planning to take it easy and just do 25 miles. The high temperature is expected to be right around 100°.

I will be out there and riding the 100k.