Hopping

yer i got backwards in about 2 days

Hi guys,

Did my first significant drop off your average height wall last night. Geared myself up - must remember to absorb with the knees etc etc - went for it and OOOOUCH! :roll_eyes: Crunch and 3 minutes of throbbing pain in my left ankle (right foot is chocolate). The ankles fine so my question is, how the hell can I avoid doing it again? I’m obviously not taking enough shock up with my knees or something?

Cheers

Roo

whats your guys’ recommended tire pressure?

in all the good videos it looks like the tire is almost flat

It depends on you.

Pump it up to recommended pressure, then go off a drop and try to jump. If it feels to hard, let some air out.

You want a tire with enough air to not bottom out from landings, but not so much air that you cant compress and get a good spring off your tire.

Each person will be different.

My PSI I run is strictly at 30. =p

i dont want to sound rude, but hwo much do you weigh?
and how much pressure do you put in your tyre?

Also what height do you guys ride your uni?

I’m getting backaches… but its easier with the seat really low down…

6 feet tall.

170 pounds.

Strictly 30psi

Seat is right level with my crotch.

The back aches will go away, because right now, your using and straining muscles that dont get used much, from the movements and corrections made from unicycling. If it gets to bad, just take it easy and stop jumping for a few days to a week. You dont want to strain yourself too much. =p

i’m only 132 pounds, i’ll have to get a reading for my tyre and see how low i can go…

This has kindof been asked before on this thread but any advice on rolling hops.

Also to thoes of you who can do you find it easier to rolling hop or side hop onto a picnic table?

Ride backwards or hop up curbs backwards?