Hopping SIF

Keep more constant pressure and more of it upwards on the saddle to increase and keep the connection of your feet on the pedals?

Also “grip” the pedals w/ your feet. Before I broke my back I could do this on my bike and pull the back end for hopping up stairs, etc. I don’t remember quite how I was able to do this gripping though. Now on the uni if I pull my feet inwards towards the axle just a bit (not enough to move them, just some tension), my feet stay on better.

-The tuck- when you jump can you pull your legs up and hit your chest before coming back down? I’d practice trying to do that before doing it on the uni. If you can’t part of the problem is prob flexability. Stretch the whole back of the leg, achilies, glutes and hips. I think a good target would be comfortably squating w/ both feet flat (achilies), and a standing forward bend w/ both palms flat on the floor (the rest).

Missed deadline

Also the yoga Cow Pose, but arms though legs and hands interlocking behind back.

i will try that. I tryed SIF hop up 4 pallets (easy SI) and dislocated my big toe.

How ?!?

Ouch! Yeah how?

Gripping pedals: I was watching some vids of great trials riders I noticed they often slightly point the toes of their back foot w/ simultaneously lift the toes and drop the heal of their front foot. I think they are also pulling their back foot back and pushing their front foot forward.

I can see how this would give more grip and control. I have done the push/pull on the pedals and I think it does give me more control and stability than just pushing donw.

crummy shoes. i fell and landed on edge of rock and hurt toe

Did you see Mike Taylor’s latest vid?

He looks like a big guy and has massive hops.
http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88659

I am at 60 :frowning: