homemade bc wheel

I was wondering if the bedford plates fit on to a normal bmx wheel. So if I had a wheel All I would need to order is the plates? and also how does this compare with the quality of ordering a whole bc wheel (which I saw was around 120$)

well, if your axle is 14mm or under(it reallys houldnt be under 14 mm) it should fit.

or make the plates like I did… look in my gallery if you want to see them

i don’t have access to welding materials. is there a difference in quality between making a bc wheel and buying one?

I didn’t weld anything at first. buying one will be higher quality …esp plates

That is a bad question. You can make a bc with all the most expensive parts and if you are good at making things you can make some really nice plates and it would be awesome. On the other hand you can take a wheel off an old wal mart bike and get a bent piece of metal and stick it on there and it would suck.
A bedford bc will be way better than just thrown together parts and makeshift plates and it will be much easier to ride also.

when you make a bc wheel you are buying the parts…

I meant is there a difference between taking a wheel off a bmx bike and buying the bedford plates rather than just buying the whole deal.

No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordito8me
i don’t have access to welding materials. is there a difference in quality between making a bc wheel and buying one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordito8me
I meant is there a difference between taking a wheel off a bmx bike and buying the bedford plates rather than just buying the whole deal.

Gorditi8me, your new name from now on will be “Idget.”:smiley: