home made gel saddle....

I know because I have some. I guess if you cut it in half it could work, but it would be very thin.

that space foam would make a sweet seat…it would be tres comfy

WOOT POST 1000

I made one using a gel cover for a bicycle seat (similar to the one like pdc made)

gel cover shot.jpg

How is that attached? it looks nice.

Thanks, it’s mounted on a Miyata seat base using the original Miyata clips. The handle and bumper hold the front and rear of the cover in place. It would also be possible to sew a seam around the bottom and run a string through it like a KH Fusion cover

I think I remember someone else already trying it. I think it compressed too much if I remember right. It would still be good to try.

David

the truth is they dont send you enough 2 make a remarkable difference so just go 2 a store and buy a cheep memory foam pillow for like 20 dollars then you not only have enough for the seat but you have bigger supply, so if you mess up you can just get more foam from the pillow

but that thing about more than one person getting them might work just a s good

Krashing Kenny: Do you have foam under that gel cover? I have a similar seat like yours but underneath the gel cover I have an airseat and a fusion cover to hold it all together. It works perfectly for my Cruiser/Muni.

Yep, it has the original Miyata cusdion under the gel cover

Try a pad like this http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4645497&cat=424507&type=5&dept=4171&path=0%3A4171%3A133073%3A424507
I used this on my Coker under a Fusion cover and it has been great.

I tried putting a gel seat cover inside my fusion air seat, but slid around too much, it would slide down on one side or the other and I’d be riding lop-sided. I eventually just bought a gel seat from UDC and I’ve been extremely happy with it. Partly though because I like it to be all smooth pristine looking, whereas a home-made seat looks all bumpy, and whatnot