holes in my shoes

So, i have a nice big hole in each of my shoes. On each shoe the hole is in the same spot, about an inch behind my big toes on each foot.(the hole is big enough that when i take my shoe off i am able to put my finger all the way through the shoe)
Ugh, dumb grippy pedals…i love them but hate them.

To fix it i am thinking of cutting a piece of rubber off of an old pair of shoes to patch up the hole…im thinking i will attach the new piece of rubber with liquid nails, or maybe some ABS cement.

Anyways, i was just wondering if anyone else has this problem? and if so did you do anything to fix your shoes?

Holes in the bottoms of your shoes? I guess that says something about either your shoes or your pedals. One needs to get up (or down)graded. I’m guessing Vans-type shoes with sharp pins.

I used to wear out my shoes on the sides, inside where the hub/crank rubs your foot. Usually by the time that happened, it was time for new shoes anyway so no problem…

My current 661’s have pedal sized wear marks on the arch areas of the soles. There are little diamond shaped sections in the soles and I am completely through like 5 on each shoe. I took the soles out and duct taped a section of thick DH tube to the inside of the shoe to keep them waterproof. It worked for about a month but now they are officially dead.

I have had opposite experiences. On my riding shoes the soles always wear out way before anything else. And I am buying quality shoes and have good pedals with good grip (which I am not willing to change).

I went through the bottom of 2 shoes cause of my pedals, I fixed it with duct tape, but that didn’t last long, then I bought new shoes, right now i actually have hiking shoes, they were weird at first, but now they are awesome, insane grip, comfy with good support, I love them!

[QUOTE=johnfoss I’m guessing Vans-type shoes with sharp pins.
QUOTE]

haha, exactly actually. i love my vans though. im not ready for them to die…they are so comfy, they are the Rowley XL2s…im going to keep them as my riding shoes because i dont want to destory a new pair of shoes…but if i do get a new pair to ride in im thinking i might go to target or something and get a cheap pair of shoes to ride in.

haha, exactly actually. i love my vans though. im not ready for them to die…they are so comfy, they are the Rowley XL2s…im going to keep them as my riding shoes because i dont want to destory a new pair of shoes…but if i do get a new pair to ride in im thinking i might go to target or something and get a cheap pair of shoes to ride in.

I had to ride to uni club today with these type of soles:

My 661’s are trash so I had to wear my work shoes. No grip whatsoever.

well Iv manerded to destroy my first shoes and I have no probs w/ Pins destroying my shoes cause I have no pins on my DX pedals(I took them out)

I just tore the rubber sole clean off my shoes the other day…But i went out and got some new ones. they have a really stiff sole and not to much grip…Which is what i like.