Hi, I've decided to learn to unicycle. I was wondering If anyone had any tips or info

Hi I’m twelve years old and I decided that it would be fun to learn a new thing!

some people have told me that it’s best to start out on a 20" is that right?

if you want somewthing new and challenging to do then learning to unicycle is the right descision for you! Most people think that a 20" is easier to learn on- i learn’t on a 24" only because it was the only unicycle i could get. There is a whole site devoted to tips on unicycling which andrew Carter has helped put together www.unicycle.2ya.com. If you can’t find info there ask this forum. Good luck!
Mark

I’m 5’10 and started out a 24. Since you are probably shorter than 5’10, maybe starting out on a 20’’ would probably be a better idea.

Also, I didn’t use any supports when learning–just hours upon hours of trial and error. But I think in the longer run, it’s better not to practice with supports b/c you get used to dismounting properly and to the feel of the uni.

Hope all goes well, learning was extremely frustrating for me, but now uniing is a blast :)!

Nick

I learned by holding on to a parked car and riding the length of it until I got good enough to let go at the end and ride with no support. For me learning was slow going and a bit frustrating but so worth it. In less than a year (you’ll learn faster, your young and fearless I’m sure!) I have learned to ride pretty well, hop, go down what I still consider rediculous hills, and I finally feel like I am one with my muni.

I learned by holding on to a parked car and riding the length of it until I got good enough to let go at the end and ride with no support. For me learning was slow going and a bit frustrating but so worth it. In less than a year (you’ll learn faster, your young and fearless I’m sure!) I have learned to ride pretty well, hop, go down what I still consider rediculous hills, and I finally feel like I am one with my muni.

To answer your poll question, I learned on a cheap 24" now I have a KH 24 Freeride (oh so sweet!)

Good luck and keep at it, this forum can prove to be very valuable so stop back often.