Help (idleing

Hi, I am sure i’m not the first nebie to say this but I’m having trouble idleing (how far should your peddles go from side to side).

Any suggestains would be most greatly apreciated

Having trouble spelling too?:smiley:
Just kidding, I’m having trouble idling also.

Why did you post this thread twice? I just noticed that.

It’s nice if you have a doorway to practice in.

Just hold onto the walls, put most of your weight on the seat, and rock back

and forth. You’ll get it eventually.

I’ll start by saying I’m still learning it too, so take what I say with a large pinch of salt, but my humble advice is just practice. and paractice. and practise again! doorways are great (but open the door first :smiley: ), I don’t think it takes an expert to figure that out. other than that I don’t think there’s any big tip for instant success, it’s just sth you get a feel for. i’ve probably spent an hour or two in total, over the last week or so and am gradually getting there - can manage about 4 “rocks” now, which is just about enough to give you that Eureka! feeling you had when you managed to ride your first few metres :slight_smile:

As for how much to pedal, I think about 1/4 turn in each direction (though I’ve also been told just less - ie. 10-2 o’clock), but I don’t think too much about that now, if you start supporting yourself in a doorway, I think you soon get a feel for how much you need to move.

Just keep at it. I am too :slight_smile: