help for someone new

@MadFurai,

Dude, we only live a few hours apart, and you’ve never ridden with another unicyclists, that’s easilly corrected!!

Riding with other unicyclists is the best treat ever, I just got back from a weekend of group rides, it was so much fun, there’s nothing like being surrounded by a bunch of unicycling freaks and having bicyclists wonder if they’ve fallen asleep under a tree and awoke in a strange new world :smiley:

Send me a PM, we should meet for a ride, I haven’t been to VA for a while, might even be able to hook up some other folks like Brickman, maybe Magnus.

Impromptu group muni ride in Virginia, who’s in?

is there a meet up section of the forum? i’d like to ride with some new friends. i’m in Biloxi Mississippi

I’m definitely up for that. Pocahontas State Park is awesome and I’m very familiar with the trail systems there. There are at least 20 miles of technical single track and 30+ more miles of cross country style riding available for you 36er guys. However, if that’s too far of a drive for you, I am willing to drive North-West towards the Harrisonburg area. I think the George Washington National park has a good trail system, but I am not familiar with it.

I am throwing some “primers” out to my wife so that maybe I can get a pass for the October Muni-fest in Asheville, NC this year. That is a 6 hour drive for me, though.

Not really, but you could post a message to the main forum and see who lives down your way. Ideally it would work out that we’d have a way to look folks up by location, but I don’t know if that’s possible.

Biloxi is hot and humid, you need to come north and ride :slight_smile:

@MadFurai, for sure, I’d be game for a trip north, it’s about four hours to Roanoke for us, so what about early June, see if anyone else can make the drive…