First of all i am new to this forum and to unicycling in general. i want to get a unicycle but dont know what kind. i am 6ft tall, 160lbs (it think that matters) and want to have a unicycle that will be able to be used to learn to ride and for beginning street/freestyle tricks. i hope that makes sense. oh and im on a limited budget, $200 max.
keep watching ebay for 20" Torker DX’s. If you get lucky you can get one for 225$ and thats with shipping.
Pro’s of Torker DX 20"
- Cheapest splined trials uni on market (if found in right places)
- Good for basic and intermediate learning.
- Short cranks for faster street tricks, nice crank shape for cranks grabs and grinding.
- Doesn’t REQUIRE any upgrades, although the seat should eventually be upgraded.
- On the heavy side for trials.
- Seat not ideal for trials/street
- If the cranks break you’ll have to buy expensive replacements, but they most likely won’t.
Do you already have a unicycle of some sort? I remember seeing your thread about getting one. If you’re still among the un-wheeled, you might consider getting a trashy 20 inch freestyle. They’re lighter than a Torker DX and considerably easier to learn on and you can get them used at about 1/3 of the price of a new one. If you decide that uni ain’t your sport, you only have to eat the $70 (new) or $20-25 used. If you buy a DX and get it banged up, you’ll get about 50 percent of your purchase price on the used market; that means you’ll eat about $150.
Welcome to uni. I hope you have a fun ride!