Helmet, foot, cycle cameras.

Hey!

Seems to me with the INCREADIBLE selection of way cool digital cameras out there that there should be a few with the ability to record from a perifrial input, allowing us to stow the main camera in a paded case and run a light weight/small camera from the back of the hand, or under the sadle, on foot, ect.

So, anybody got the word on equipment?

-Christopher

Damn my ISP and their slow connections! (uh… yikes! -they’re also signing my paychecks…).

Anyway, here is a link to a home-grown outfit in Australia:

Hel-Cam

More later.

-C

you want a DV camcorder, they’re getting quite small now and you can fit those helmet cams onto them.

Joe

Just make sure that you get one with an analogue video input. All these wee bullet cameras use analogue output (there is one with digital output that I know of, but it is BIG money)

Have fun!

Graeme

Ahhh… lots of people selling the same Sony camera. Check out these links:

www.sportzshot.com

www.helmetcamera.com
www.thementalasylum.com/extreme/main.htm
www.rfconcepts.co.uk/helmet_cameras.htm

-Christopher

Looks like they’ve all got analogue output, apart from maybe the HelmetCamera in the link above, but their digital output uses a connector I’m not familiar with. The only digital input you can get to my camera is Firewire (where small helmet camera = big money). Looks like it might be worth my while hunting around for a cheapo second hand analogue camera with RCA video inputs. I’ve wanted to do this kind of stuff for years, it would be great for Muni, mountain biking, climbing and kayaking. Now if only a whole load of money would appear in my bank account :roll_eyes:

Have fun!

Graeme

I’ve just found this camera. The quality may not be as high as a bullet camera + video, but it is a lot cheaper! If you stick a decent sized CF card in it (I’ve got a 256MB card lying around) then you’re set for over an hour of filming. I’d feel a lot happier chucking myself down silly hills with this taped to my helmet/frame rather than my bulky, expensive and fragile camcorder being stuck in a backpack.

Have fun!

Graeme

This isn’t a bad idea. I might have to get one of these for the Moab video.