Hello from Maryland USA

What’s your name?

My name is Shae Erisson, I’ve had an account here since at least 2007 but haven’t posted in the past ten years.

Where do you come from?

I’m from USA, but learned to unicycle in Sweden! I live in Maryland outside of DC and would love to meet other unicyclists once the plague is over.

What is your experience of unicycling?

I wore out a training unicycle and then built a mountain unicycle designed to chase snowmobiles by the arctic circle! Sadly, my 3.7" tire was not enough for my 115 kilo weight, so I rode on the frozen gulf of bothia instead!

Welcome! Is that a blurry Debian swirl I see there in your avatar?

Howdy r4nd1nt! That is indeed a Debian avatar! While I’m using NixOS on my primary laptop these days, one of my phones runs mobian and my backup laptop runs Ubuntu.
Sadly, I can’t come up with a way to use Linux on my unicycle!

Yeah, sadly none of my unis runs Linux either, but I’m sure there must be a way to install NetBSD, after all it even runs on toasters. :wink:

I’m a bit of a distro hopper but I never ran Ubuntu. In my mind this is still the new, easy to use distro. When it appeared I have been using Linux for almost 10 years so it didn’t seem for me.

I’m a huge Slackware fan but Docker has become almost unusable and I depend on docker for a project I run with a friend. That’s why I’m on Debian and OpenSUSE ATM.

For my own personal server needs I mostly rely on FreeBSD. Work these days is mostly RedHat and some Solaris though…

I’m in Salisbury, Md. I used to meet up with a group of riders at a state park in P.G. County for muni. I wouldn’t mind doing that again.

Hi Shae - I’m Chuck Haskins and I live in Gaithersburg MD. I ride mostly muni on the plentiful trails in the Germantown area. I would be interested in riding with you once MD really starts rolling out the vaccines.

That sounds good, is there a DMV area forum where we could coordinate once we’re all vaccinated?

The only site I’m aware of is meetup.com.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.