height of KH20 frame

oh ok, are they still on the bigger ones?

One the 2005 models yes, but on the 2006 models I don’t know.
You should ask that at Kris Holm :slight_smile:

Re: height of KH20 frame

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 07:06:52 -0600, Probailer2 wrote:

>One the 2005 models yes, but on the 2006 models I don’t know.
>You should ask that at Kris Holm :slight_smile:

I think I’ve read that the noodles (as they were colloquially referred
to) are off of the 2006 models, and that the top of the crown is
knurled (been given a funny surface) for grip.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, dit diddle dit dit dit diddle dit dit, diddle-diddle-diddle-diddle-dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it,… - Spudman”

I reckon a lower crown is aesthetically more pleasing and functionally better.

Good point, Andrew. Frame geometry shouldn’t restrict tyre choice (within reason). Monty now have a 2.7" trials tyre - though it doesn’t seem much bigger than the standard Monty 2.5", I wonder it if would fit in the new 06 KH20.

2.7"!!! Where can I get one of those beasts? Can you guys source them Tony?

At municycle.com
http://www.einradladen.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=5&products_id=394

First you made a saddle with handle and fusion cover, something like the miyata but MUCH MORE BETTER (better cover and handle… ).

I think that making a frame with a low & knurled crown is the same you made with the saddles, a frame like the DM ringmaster frames but again MUCH MORE BETTER (stronger, ligther… )

GREAT JOB!!!

Pepe

They help keep your foot on the frame when gliding.

Kris

[QUOTE
I think I’ve read that the noodles (as they were colloquially referred
to) are off of the 2006 models, and that the top of the crown is
knurled (been given a funny surface) for grip.
[/QUOTE]

That’s right- next years are textured instead of having a welded grip. Too few people glide on the larger wheeled unis to justify having the welded grip, and the textured crown is a little cleaner.

Kris

Thanks for your answer Kris.
PS: I loved “Into the thunder dragon”:slight_smile:

Kris
I have a KH Freeride O5 model, with a gazzaloddi tire. My only complaint, besides having to replace the seat post and clamp in first month of use, is the clearance between the tire and rim. When i’m climbing hills and really putting pressure on the cranks the tire rubs the frame, which is annoying and saps some energy from going forward. I’ve tried putting sheet metal shims in the clamps that hold the wheel, but it still happens. Any suggestions? Could i remove some metal there without structural damage? I really like the gazz tire, i’ve also tried a duro, which has plenty of clearance but not as good for steep,rooty downhills. I live in Asheville NC.
Thanks
Adam Masters

I would go with the lowest one.

Adam,

Can you email me a photo of the issue, to info@krisholm.com?

Thanks,

Kris

Hi Kris,
See just that you are on at the moment.
Great !!! Well, I bought my first KH 20 just 3 weeks ago and must admit it’s just unbelievable.
Complete with the Koxx wheel Monty 2.7 and Cfseatbase it’s the best investment I ever made.
Thanks not only for the moment you tikkled my mind with youre breathtaking actions (awesome standstills as well as insane downhillmoves) but also for realising a bike that holds every promise.
Greetz from the Netherlands, Rob

I want the new kris holm 20"frame!
I had confirmation yesterday and I want to by the new kris holm bike!
please tell me were I can get the bike!

Does Kris Holm sell bikes to?
I thought he only made uni’s?

I think that to! but were can I by it?

You can buy the uni’s at www.unicycle.com
But the bikes I don’t know :stuck_out_tongue:

hehe, but when comes the 2006 modell for sale in the stores?

That I don’t know.