Heart Rate

I tell people that all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

Had an ECG today and the machine printout read HR 49 bpm.
For last 10 years, I’ve been standup paddle boarding regularly (weekly - 1 1/2 hour sessions at 4 knots (8km/hr or 5mph) but never had a heart rate that low.

Been unicycling for 1 year 1 month. From learning on 20” to commuting 14km(8.5miles) each way to work 3 times a week.

Dr DuckDuckGo (not google) says Low heart rate is supposed to be common over 65s. I’m 54 so I’m taking this as good news… for now

had an ECG two months ago because of strange things happening around my heart. nothing particular except for bouts of arythmia… I’ve always been in the low rates (55/60 when not practising and around 45 when Muniing) and low blood pressure (which is often a problem when I stand up too quickly). Though I will be soon 74 the doctor didn’t say something special about low heart rate and age.

Absolutely!
I’m 55 and ride as often as I can for at least an hour at a time and am very fit. I also box 4/5 times a week and the unicycling really helps with this. I never gas out when I’m sparring unlike many of the younger guys. Also, when it comes to abs workouts many of the youngsters struggle to keep up with me. :rofl::joy:

1 Like