Hate Mail

Has anyone besides me receiving Hate Mail. I have been receiving 4 to 5 a day. I have reported to Gilby last night but awaiting a reply. I just read Harper’s Thread on Threathening Long Spam’s and I couldn’t agree more with him. To my knowledge, It’s coming from the U.S. Not from the U.K. New Zealand, Australia and some parts of the globe. I cannot name name’s as I want to settle down with this dispute once this is over and for all. All I want to do is to read all your lovely threads with a lot of Humor and laughs and some weird and wonderful stuff goes on here. I even thinking changing my Username and that’s where it has started from, since I registed back in January 2003. If anyone is reading this or if it’s you. Please Stop it.
This has never happen to me since I first went online since September 2002. And began Searching Unicycles on the net and stumble acrosss this Site in late September 2002 and loving this site all the time. (I give it 100% as my most all time Favorite Unicycle site and I highly Recommended to my friends)
Anyone has other Ideas on how to deal with this. I appreciate feedback. And Many thanks to my new Mates and Pals. Thanks.

David.

Seems odd that it would originate from this newsgroup…I haven’t gotten any yet. :thinking:

Some e-mail programs allow you to set up filters, so that you can block unwanted mail. I would probably try that. Whatever you do don’t respond to the e-mails, that will only confirm that they are being received and are getting to you. I haven’t had any come to me, sorry that you are. Doesn’t seem the type of thing that would come from this site.

Bugman (Sorry I don’t Know your real name)

I have got a filters on it. And I am a Computer Expert when It comes to this and my workmates told me to delete it and it still receiveing and I never respond the emails as you mention.
I agree with you. The best part of what I’ve got is Symantec Norton Internet Security and all my workmates got it. Some got McAfee Internet Security but I didn’t like the features what hasn’t got from Symantec got. Thanks for that. Please keep them coming. Heaps more please and I’ll respond to you as soon as I can.

David.

Re: Hate Mail

I didn’t find any message from you. Are you receiving spam or hate mail?

Re: Re: Hate Mail

Hate Mail Gilby. PM me if you have to.

David.

Have neither sent nor received the type of mail you mention. Surprising, actually, since I’ve occasionally harshed on a couple of posters. I’ve since adjusted my meds…

The recommend from others not to Reply is right on…hopefully folks that get into that s*it have short attention spans, and will go away if ignored long enough.

what r u trying to say?
if anybody should receive it…

:wink:

Re: Hate Mail

David, to answer your first question;
Yes.
Although not at the rate and frequency you describe, the hate PM I received was backed-up with a thread in Just Conversation (since moved by Gilby into the spam bin) which is now at five pages and growing. (Yes, I know, I contributed to those pages, too.)

So, it is entirely possible for such delinquency to happen on this forum, unfortunately.
“Free Speech” is only “free”, as in “libertarian”, and not necessarily “good” or “nice” or “polite” or “correct” or even “true”.

It’s so easy to be nice to total strangers you meet on an open forum such as this one, and yet, at the same time, it’s also just as easy to be rude, unjust, cowardly, and a stinking big fat lying sack of shit with absolutely no fear of punishment (other than Karma, that is).
When you go online, you get it all… the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

To answer your second question…

Hell if I know!

Good Luck!

(signed) The Ugly

Rick

I Know I’m at work but I will keep it short. I’ll logged back on my lunch break. Thank you so much Sendhair for the kind words of you. You make me a pal. The person who sent me Hate Mail has stopped. I had a Phone call from the U.S. (I cannot name what state in the U.S. for legal reason’s, Sorry) overnite and the Person “J” I will call him that, has told his Son to stopped it. So the Person “J” told me he will sent me a Apology email later in the evening sometime later during Australian Time. It’s morning by the way.
So I want to say Thanks Everyone who Respond to me Particuly Sofa, Sendhair, GILBY:) Gild and If I miss anyone. A big THANKS to YOU. Out there on this Wonderful site. Sendhair… Hugh Thanks from you Mate. Kind regards.

David.

Hate Mail

David,

Glad to hear your ordeal has had a happy ending!

I’m still waiting for mine just to end…

Rick