Has anyone landed a no footed seat wrap?

= legover or legaround

=wrap or seatwrap

=superwrap or subaraft

i am terrible at remembering what tricks are which.

im sure i have seen a list of tricks with definitions before somewhere, could someone please direct me towards this?

also, would i be correct in calling what im doing a no footed leg around/leg wrap(i gather these are the same?)

You may be right, and I could be wrong. I know that there is a mount called a Leg Around, so I’m trying to separate the two. I saw your comment then I stil had time to re-edit it, maybe it’s a little better?

no i haven’t seen that video. but from what i have heard of it i really ought to.

Hey I think for the Leg around mount its just called “Leg around mount” and then just “leg around” is done on the uni. I believe there is a Leg around skill for the standard skill.

Leg around on the Standard Skill List (video) (he does it as an idle as opposed to hopping on the cranks)

Here is me doing a Wrap (seatwrap) from Feb 06

Ok, but should we differentiate between performing the skills standing on the crank or the pedal? That’s more where I’m coming from in the confusion I guess.

There’s no such thing as a leg wrap, this is what confuses people. Think of it like it’s Christmas, you don’t wrap presents with your feet, you wrap them with your hands. You CAN do a seat wrap, but you CAN’T do a leg wrap. :roll_eyes:

Yeah I am kind of confused on that too, but the way I have always seen others say Leg around mount or Leg around. Someone like John Foss may know if there are differing names for the two if there are any, but for now I would just say Leg Around Mount and Leg Around are fine.

The Leg Around and Leg Around mount can be done from having the pedals in the down position or they can be from having the pedals in the horiztonal postion (on the crank).

I say No, thats just way to confusing. It’s usually the same trick, wether you stand on the cranks or pedals.

My problem with this definition is basically you’re taking english definitions and applying them towards trick literally. You could also think of it as the unicycle seat is wraping around your leg.

Oh, and I don’t know about you, but I always wrap my Christmas presents with my feet.

Fair enough. Then how does everybody like this revision:

Leg Around - Standing on one crank or pedal, bring the other foot around the seat.

Seat Wrap - Bring the seat all the way around your body, essentially a Leg Wrap with one foot, then pass the seat behind your back, then perform another Leg wrap in the opposite direction as your other foot.

Super Wrap - Basically a seat wrap but with wrapping each foot around the seat one more time. In other words, a Leg Wrap straight into a Seat Wrap straight into another Leg wrap with the other foot.

I just mentioned Christmas as a way of remembering it, it’s not the reason that it’s named like that. The reason is that the leg over has existed for decades, therefore it is it’s own trick, and leg-around is it’s name.

Next, along came Mr Heaton and made up a new move, it was called the seat wrap, it’s a different trick and is therefore named differently.

There’s no good reason for us to suddenly change the name of a “leg around” to become a “leg wrap”! Agreed?

Yeah, I realized the Christmas thing was a reference after I posted my comment. Is my newer revision better?

perfect. Now back to the leg around flip, who’s gonna do this first? It actually seems reasonably easy, I can do a leg over in about the same amount of time it takes to do a crankflip.

The question is, assuming you’re a left foot forward, right-handed rider, what do your hands do?

1. As you approach the 7-set you switch your hand so you’re holding the back of the seat (still seat-in), kick the crankflip and do a leg over. This way you don’t need to move your hand at al

2. Do a natural crankflip (hold the front of the seat) but then in mid air guide your uni around your leg, then as your backfoot makes contact with the pedal you let go and land seat in.

Can you do a leg around in mid-air? Or even down a set?

How about dropping from a flying airplane?.. and if you want it to have a streetish look, you could spin your uni around until you hit the ground.

How about keeping this thread a bit serious? I like the way you’re thinking, I see way too many flips and unispins in videos.