Haro Sub-C crank arms for KH

I want to order some Haro Sub-C 140’s for my Summit, and if those work out, maybe some 165’s for my KH24.

The thing is, all the local bikes shops I’ve called that carry Haro, are really less than helpful.

I DID find one shop that will order them for me, but they want $100 which seems a little steep. The bike they ship with (Haro Mirra 360) sells for $200.

Anybody out there have some experience with these? Any online sources I can call or local bike shops with good deals?

Thanks in advance.

I asked at a LBS that carried haro bikes here in San Diego. They had a set of 140s in stock at the time. They were asking $90 (includes tax) for cranks, screws, axle (for bikes) and some other bike related stuff. I asked if theyd sell me just the cranks for less but they werent gonna have it.

So that price was way too much for me.

If its the nubs that are bothering you, why dont you just get Darren Bedfords KH nub fix bolts? I havent heard a price on this but i bet its a whole lot cheaper than haros.

On the other hand, at a skatepark i was eyeing some kids Bmx that had these same cranks on it. They were lookin real nice.:wink:

Re: Haro Sub-C crank arms for KH

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:00:33 -0500, “mscalisi” wrote:

>Anybody out there have some experience with these? Any online sources I
>can call or local bike shops with good deals?

In an earlier thread, Mango wrote:
Here is a link to Haro’s website:
http://www.harobikes.com/parts/cranks.html

And Zack wrote in the same thread:
my crankes were orderd thru a bike shop. there about $70. but they
come with the bottom braket. but u can sel it back to the bike shop
for $35.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

I like the idea of not having to balance when out on a ride - joe

MANGO wrote: If its the nubs that are bothering you, why dont you just get Darren Bedfords KH nub fix bolts? I havent heard a price on this but i bet its a whole lot cheaper than haros.

Yo, Mango: The bolts cost 6 bucks and if you have a grinder and a file you can do the job in about fifteen minutes. The result is fantastic and dead simple, and judging by the horrendous open lesions you have on your ankles, you might consider purchasing said bolts.

JL

Awesome, John! I’m gonna do it up.

How do you know the price? Did you get some?

take it easy. -e

Mango:

I did the deed two days ago because my ankles were starting to look like yours. Call Darren Bedford on the phone, place the order, send him a check for 6 bucks and you’ll have the bolts in a week. Simple as pie to make the change and the nub is virtually flush as the new bolts have a rounded head. Simple and sweet!

Soon as it cools off (three weeks?) let’s get back up to SB. Rode with Eyal yesterday.

JL