Happy...

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans out there! If you’re even considering a new unicycle purchase, well, then you’ve got something to be thankful for.

I will be spending the day with my wife, daughter and mother. We’ll be eating our rather strange assortment of healthy vegetarian dishes and unhealthy snack foods. (I love a good contradiction). And as I am more than considering a new unicycle for my kid, I know that we do have much to be thankful for.

To the rest, please do your utmost to keep the wheels of commerce turning (or just go to school and learn something.)

And I will be spending a good part of the weekend practicing freemounting the giraffe and trying to decide if I can do it reliably enough to perform on Monday. If not, I’ll just chicken out and use the 20"er.

In any event, love and peace to all.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

we have faith that a weekend’s worth of freemount practise will stand u in good stead
i’ll be curious to find out if your juggling-while-idling is also quite a bit better on the giraffe than on the twenty
any particular performance coming up?

So far, not so good. While my average to date had been around 3-5 attempts per freemount with many on the first or second try, I’m in a rut now. 10-15 attempts. OY!

So far I have not noticed any difference, but, of course, I haven’t gotten to spend a lot of time up there juggling yet.

My daughter, Emma, and I will be doing a show at her school on Monday.

The beginning is a bit of 3 ball juggling by each of us, including synchronized patterns, some 6 ball passing, 3 ball sharing and even some comedy. Emma has got a solid 3 ball cascade as well as a 2 ball fountain in her right hand. And she transitions between them reliably.

After that I’m going to do a hat, cane and clubs routine with Emma as my assistant. The finish will be a bit of unicycling and juggling (while riding, not idling).

I’m very pleased by and proud of how far along Emma is with her juggling. The original plan was for her just to be my assistant, but she progressed so much that we both felt she would be able to perform as well. I don’t need to tell any parent how great it is for their kids to have an accomplishment that requires some hard work and patience. Juggling (like unicycling) is not only fun but character building as well.

Anyway, I’ll let you know how it goes. The audience will be 75 of Emma’s peers and a few teachers and the principal. It will be the biggest audience for both of us. :astonished:

And since our car broke down Wednesday night, we have nowhere to go and will be home practicing most of the weekend.

Cheers,
Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ