handle bar for nimbus 29

So i am planning on getting a nimbus 29 for light commuting and I wanted to know what handle bars to get. I am planning to get 125/110 double hole KH cranks and eventually some breaks.

do i get
http://www.unicycle.com/t-7-touring-handle-black
or

they both seem to be meant for 36 but i dont think i will be getting a 36.

thanksss
davey

i only got the t-7 handle.

and it sucked. i got it so i could distribute some of the weight to my hands…but it turns out the regular old plastic handle works better than the t-7 for that.

use the search, plenty of handle threads

I have the T7, pi bar, and I have the shadow on now (very versitile)

I’ve ridden with the KH bar on someone elses once. If I had my pick, I’d go with the coker pi bar on a 29er, it’s extremely adjustable, short enough it doesn’t get in the way on a smaller wheel, and still super useful. It’s also lighter than a T7 and definitely stronger.

I really enjoyed the T7 when I had it, it’s a little flemsy, but great as the first handlebar, I wouldn’t pay full price, they used to have them for 35 bucks. Eventually the rails will bend a bit, and some have had them break with excessive falls.

I have the Coker Pi bar on my Nimbus 29" and really like it. Never used the T7 or Shadow, but for me the Pi bar leaves nothing to be desired. It’s lightweight, highly adjustable, sturdy, and not very expensive.

I had a Pi Bar for a short time and now have a Shadow bar. I got the Pi Bar when I was planning on building a 36er with a 25.4mm post but I ended up using a KH frame and 27.2mm post so wasn’t able to use it. I did ride with the Pi Bar on my 24" for a while to try it out and really liked using it.

The Pi Bar would be a good fit on a 29er. It’s a good length and has good adjustability. The Shadow set gives more options in how it can be setup but is probably overkill on a 29" wheel. It’s also more than twice as much money.

awesome!
i did actually do some search threads but i seem to have the worst luck with them…

this is awesome that the coker pi bar is cheaper then the t7 and more reccomended.

so i found the pi bar at
http://www.cokercycles.com/accessories/coker-pi-bar-touring-handlebar

is there anything additional i need to install on a nimbus 29???
im so excited!!!

and also do you guys think breaks would be a necessary addition to the 29 with handlebar? i personllay have never ridden a 29 and im sure its much faster than my 20 trials. the coker site also sells these breaks so im thinking if i should save up a bit more and get em

http://www.cokercycles.com/accessories/shimanor-tektror-linear-pull-brake-kit

If you end up with 125s a brake will be helpful on hills, but Coker wants way too much for that V-brake. The Nimbus 29" has Magura mounts so check out this thread for a way to mount an inexpensive V-brake on them (a V-brake plus lever and cable shouldn’t cost more than $25).

The Pi Bar comes with everything you need to mount it.

If you end up with 125s a brake will be helpful on hills, but Coker wants way too much for that V-brake. The Nimbus 29" has Magura mounts so check out this thread for a way to mount an inexpensive V-brake on them (a V-brake plus lever and cable shouldn’t cost more than $25). Since you can mount the brake to the Pi Bar you won’t need to buy the $18 under-saddle brake lever mount.

I don’t even run brakes on my 36" wheel. Most people that run them offroad have brakes. I would try it out how it is first, and then see for yourself, everybody has a slightly different setup.

You may want to get some cheap grips, that bar tends to be a little slick (and in my opinion too skinny) if you aren’t wearing gloves or have grips.

For light commuting of a few miles in each direction, I think the portability of a plain unicycle (barless? unbarred? disbarred? abarred? antibarred?) outweighs the benefits of a bar. I actually enjoy my 36er more without the bar than with. I only put it on if I plan on riding a good distance. I imagine that if I had a 29er, its greater portability would be something that I’d not want to spoil with a bar.

Pi Bar or Nimbus Shadow FTW. Both are great, or the KH handle. As for a brake, I’d recommend nothing yet. After you’ve ridden the new cycle for a while you’ll have a much better idea of whether you need a brake.

thanks for the opinion!
Im pretty sure what you said makes sense too.

Unfortunately I can never really try out a unicycle before i buy em. The thought of riding a unicycle at faster speeds with a bar makes me so excited. the pi bar is only 50 so im thinking of getting it and if i dont like it, ill save it for the 36’ ill get in the future many years ahead!