Had a really good day riding yesterday.

I’m one of those riders who took a very long time to learn and my proficiency has not exactly increased by leaps and bounds. Riding still doesn’t come as naturally to me as walking does. I still UPD way more often than I should and often at places where there was just no reason to. But, yesterday was a really great day for me. It was one of those days where everything seemed to be working. Lines that would usually trip me up, I was riding easily. My idling is usually labored and unsteady but yesterday I could idle as long as I wanted and it felt smooth and controlled. My hopping is, at best, inconsistent but yesterday it felt natural and controlled. Heck, I even did four pedal revs backwards, stopped, and resumed forwards riding. I’ve never been able to do more than 2 revs backwards before. There is nothing like having a great day of riding to boost one’s confidence and reinvigorate ones enthusiasm about riding.

I tend to be ‘streaky’ at most things I do. One day I can play nothing but hot licks on my mandolin and another day it’s sloppy. Sometimes I can kick @$$ at the ping-pong table, and other times I can’t find the table with both hands. When I get out on the high speed twisties on my motorcycle, some days I’m hitting perfect lines and others I’m just not smooth. It’s probably a mental thing but my personal challenge for all things I do is to increase that ratio of good days to bad. I’ve noticed that ratio is definitely increasing on the unicycle and that sure feels good.

I know that a lot of you reading this can do big drops and unispins and such. I may never get there but the beauty of unicycling is that there are goals to achieve at all levels and it always feels so monumental to acheive them.

Ride On :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, a kindred spirit.

Glad you had such a good day. It’s always good to know that this is a multi talent forum.

Cathy

I had one such day on tuesday this week…

I picked up hopping in place and the jump mount !!!

All while at a skate park with a bunch of people watching me =)