GURAI '05--Unicycle Across Iowa in One Week

Re: GURAI '05–Unicycle Across Iowa in One Week

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:51:30 -0500, “MuniTune” wrote:

>I might never understand… I did better on hills than flatlands…

I have a theory there. On hills, both up and down, you have to push so
much harder on the pedals that you are lifting yourself out of the
saddle. Also, the ride is more strenuous, which may cause higher blood
pressure and blood flow throughout in the body so the blood will tend
to reach ‘difficult areas’ better.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

I ride like a princess. - john_childs

There is a metric ass-ton of pictures of Kai and Ryan on our TRS photo site ( http://www.teamroadshow.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album02&page=1 )

There are pictures of them riding, juggling, hanging around camp, and playing on a giraffe. There are a few more of Kai then Ryan since Kai camped and rode with Team RoadShow, but I got as many of Ryan as I could as well.

There are about 19 pages there, and probably atleast between 1 and 20 pictures of those crazy guys riding/juggling/hanging out on each page. You can ignore all the other pictures if you want.

If you want pictures of both of them finishing the ride, start looking around page 16 of the above pictures link.

(Although there are many pictures of them before that)

Here is a pic of both of them about to finish:

Kai and Ryan on the last day being trailed by three Team RoadShow riders. (Mark, Karl, and Cade) I am, of course, on a bike as well trying not to crash while taking this picture.

The bikes slowed down to ride the last 15 miles in with Kai and then we ran into Ryan along the way. It was hilarious, we (the bikers) felt like nimble Tie Fighters protecting the big lumbering Star Destroyers that are Kai and Ryan.

img_2135.sized.jpg

Nice job, guys. Those pictures were all too familiar to me.

So Kai didn’t have any spectacular UPDs with his clipless pedals?

we never saw any UPDs from Kai. reportedly he had “a few” UPDs but nothing that stopped him. He fractured his wrist on a training ride though. He claims the SPDs helps a ton and that once you get used to them, you can get out unless there’s a super unexpected fall. he said he definitely would have UPDed a ton in the rain had he not been running clipless.