Guitar people

Well, I really need an accoustic guitar here at schol I own an Electric
and classical but neither quite fi the purpose so I’m wondering if any of
you knwo of any good inexpensive accoustics. I know they’ve got to be out
there ,just thought you might have some insights. Thanks


Brian Wilmot

http://www.jumpnow.net/ http://www.uglybillboards.com/
http://www.jumptraveler.com/

Brian, is there a large guitar store nearby? If so, I’d suggest just
spending a day in the store and playing as many of the guitars as you can,
taking notes on what you like and what you don’t. Get a few names in mind
and I can tell you if the brands are reputable or not.

Of course, I’ll need to know your budget. I can suggest some really good
guitars but they might be out of your price range.

AIM me: LunaBoy4 if you want.

-Mike K.

Brian Wilmot wrote:
>
> Well, I really need an accoustic guitar here at schol I own an Electric
> and classical but neither quite fi the purpose so I’m wondering if any
> of you knwo of any good inexpensive accoustics. I know they’ve got to be
> out there ,just thought you might have some insights. Thanks
>
> –
> Brian Wilmot

> http://www.jumpnow.net/ http://www.uglybillboards.com/
> http://www.jumptraveler.com/

On Friday 11 January 2002 11:16 am, Brian Wilmot wrote:

> Well, I really need an accoustic guitar here at schol I own an Electric
> and classical but neither quite fi the purpose so I’m wondering if any
> of you knwo of any good inexpensive accoustics. I know they’ve got to be
> out there ,just thought you might have some insights. Thanks

Define inexpensive. :wink: You might want to try musicyo.com I keep hearing
good things about the Kramers (electric) they are selling and I messed
with an under $100 acoustic from them and it really wasn’t as bad as I
thought it was going to be.

What’s wrong with using your electric? tons quieter than an acoustic if
you don’t plug it in (if that’s why an electric doesn’t fit with school)

Musisicanfriend.com also has some pretty good deals.


John R. Marshall - Web Developer

JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com The Hotrodding Network -
http://www.hotrodding.net

Remember: “It ain’t a sport if it can’t kill you.”

well with the electric I need an amp if I ever want play with or for
someone other than myself and that takes space an dit on the loud side.

For cheap I was thinking oh max 300…but cheap would be great…I’mnot
looking for amazing sound as much as a good value. I’ll look at the links
you provided…sadly I’m stuck in noville Maine with no transportation so
I can’t get down to Portland to look at a big store.


Brian Wilmot

http://www.jumpnow.net/ http://www.uglybillboards.com/
http://www.jumptraveler.com/

“John R. Marshall” <john@jrmstudios.com> wrote in message
news:a1nbbq$lb1$1@www.darklock.com
> On Friday 11 January 2002 11:16 am, Brian Wilmot wrote:
>
> > Well, I really need an accoustic guitar here at schol I own an
> > Electric and classical but neither quite fi the purpose so I’m
> > wondering if any
of
> > you knwo of any good inexpensive accoustics. I know they’ve got to be
out
> > there ,just thought you might have some insights. Thanks
>
> Define inexpensive. You might want to try musicyo.com I keep hearing
> good things about the Kramers (electric) they are selling and I messed
with
> an under $100 acoustic from them and it really wasn’t as bad as I
> thought it was going to be.
>
> What’s wrong with using your electric? tons quieter than an acoustic if
you
> don’t plug it in (if that’s why an electric doesn’t fit with school)
>
> Musisicanfriend.com also has some pretty good deals.
>
> –
> John R. Marshall - Web Developer
>
> JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com The Hotrodding Network -
> http://www.hotrodding.net
>
> Remember: “It ain’t a sport if it can’t kill you.”

On Saturday 12 January 2002 08:50 pm, Brian Wilmot wrote:

> well with the electric I need an amp if I ever want play with or for
> someone other than myself and that takes space an dit on the loud side.

Well there are TONS of small amps out there everything from a smokey
(http://www.smokeyamps.com) to a pignose (http://www.pignose.com) to any
one of a number of 10 watt practice amps. all can be played at bedroom
levels with much pain. (none will work with a live drummer… but if your
jamming with a drummer, quiet is just not gona happen :wink:


John R. Marshall - Web Developer

JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com The Hotrodding Network -
http://www.hotrodding.net

Remember: “It ain’t a sport if it can’t kill you.”

On Saturday 12 January 2002 09:20 pm, John R. Marshall wrote:

> all can be played at bedroom levels with much pain.

that should be without much pain :slight_smile:


John R. Marshall - Web Developer

JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com The Hotrodding Network -
http://www.hotrodding.net

Remember: “It ain’t a sport if it can’t kill you.”

Thanks John…I might as well add another guitar to my collection though.
; ) Thaks I might bring the electric here if I get a chance.


Brian Wilmot

http://www.jumpnow.net/ http://www.uglybillboards.com/
http://www.jumptraveler.com/

“John R. Marshall” <john@jrmstudios.com> wrote in message
news:a1qqta$ccv$1@www.darklock.com
> On Saturday 12 January 2002 08:50 pm, Brian Wilmot wrote:
>
> > well with the electric I need an amp if I ever want play with or
> > for someone other than myself and that takes space an dit on the
> > loud side.
>
> Well there are TONS of small amps out there everything from a smokey
> (http://www.smokeyamps.com) to a pignose (http://www.pignose.com) to any
> one of a number of 10 watt practice amps. all can be played at bedroom
> levels with much pain. (none will work with a live drummer… but if your
> jamming with a drummer, quiet is just not gona happen
>
> –
> John R. Marshall - Web Developer
>
> JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com The Hotrodding Network -
> http://www.hotrodding.net
>
> Remember: “It ain’t a sport if it can’t kill you.”

ohhh of course Iw ouldn’t buy it without playing, just was wondering if
you had any suggestions so I can keep a look out for one. I have heard
good things about Seagulls. Thanks for the help


Brian Wilmot

http://www.jumpnow.net/ http://www.uglybillboards.com/
http://www.jumptraveler.com/

“mikek” <forum.member@unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:a1sfeo$j2i$1@www.t-shirtcountdown.com
> Brian,
>
> look into Seagull guitars for a very high quality but affordable
> acoustic. I paid $300 for mine about 5-6 years ago, and the quality
> matches Martin, Taylor, etc.
>
> My advice to you, with which I’m sure JRM would agree, is never buy a
> guitar you haven’t played.
>
> -Mike K.
>
>
>
>
> –
> mikek Posted via WebDiscuss on the web! -
> http://www.webdiscuss.com/forums