Grinding

Do people grind on unicycles like they do on bikes. If it is possible would you attach pegs or do it on the cranks(I think thats what they’re called)? Has anyone ever tried it before? I’m not the best rider but I’m gonna try it soon?

Skunk_Man

Yes. Check out this video to see some grinding. It’s a 18MB video so you’ll want a fast connection to download it.

you may want to search through old threads, there is plenty of information on the subject there
Julian

grind on your pedal. you can use the whole crank arm but if you put your weight on just the pedal you are grinding on, you will go faster and farther. you will find that, if you have a good place to try it, it is quite easy. i had my first grinding experience a few weeks ago at a skate park. i think i got a succusseful grind on the 5th try. good luck.

wow john. i feel honoured that you would use my video as an example as to what grinding looks like. it also shows the pain that is involved with trying to grind 10 set handrails.

good luck learning! its deinfitely worth it.

see ya, Kevin

dude tugboat, you are crazy. but the most painful was not the grind, but jumping the huge stair set where your feet slip off the pedals before you hit the ground, aand the people in the background all put their hands over their mouths…

haha that one actually wasnt too bad… i got up and tried it again. and believe it or not, i hopped that set like a week ago! i may put up the video of it sometime soon.

Kevin

OMG dude tugboat you are awsome!! props to ya. btw… how long did it take for you too start doing street?

tugboat-

how many:

wheels have you tacoed?
cranks have you bent?
pedals have you bent?
tubes have you popped?

(and dont even try saying 0)

Actually… ive only tachoed one rim… it was an extremely cheap one that i paid 100$ canadian for the whole uni. My left KH crank arm is slightly bent… but not enough to bug me. I snapped a wellgo pedal grinding the 9 set ledge on about my 30th try… but tried another 16 times after that and finally landed. and i havent popped any wheels. I have however snapped one viscount saddle in two and i just broke my seat post. just waiting for my new ones to come in!

and i got my first uni like 2.5 yewars ago and have been riding street since last christmas (but only really in the summer cause it is cold in winter).

seeya, Kevin

Re: Grinding

tugboat <tugboat@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote in message news:<tugboat.xw9nc@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com>…
> > Yes. Check out this video to see some grinding. It’s a 18MB video so
> > you’ll want a fast connection to download it.
>
> wow john. i feel honoured that you would use my video as an example as
> to what grinding looks like. it also shows the pain that is involved
> with trying to grind 10 set handrails.
>
> good luck learning! its deinfitely worth it.
>
> see ya, Kevin

What kind of UNI is that in the video?? And is it a 20" or 24"??

yea i was wondering too do you use a 20" or a 24"?.. and when you grind are you pedals in a vertical or horizonal postion?

24 horizontal (i dont think vertical could work)

i belive that`s a summit, so not 24" but 20"
Julian

my bad, i thought he was asking about anyone’s uni, not tugboats

tugboat thats some good riding i am going to start trying that stuff but im still new to it. tugboat what is the special thanks to at the end of the movie i was just wondering.

yeah, im riding a 20" summit in the video. for all my grinds, except for one, my pedals are horizontal. the grind that i do on the rail after my uni gets like stuck on it…i land on it much like a pedal grab, and my cranks went into a vertical position… but i still managed to ride out of it somehow.

“Special thanks to Martin Davidson for creating this song just for me! You’re a pal man!”

Kevin

Tugboat, Have any of the sponsers that you sent the video to gotten back to you?