Green Jacket Man - Muni Compilation Video

I noticed that I wore a green jacket in almost every clip I filmed when unicycling recently, so I decided to throw them together and make a video out of it:

9 Likes

Awesome video with some great skill. Very enjoyable. Well done. :+1:

Lots of good stuff! That last drop off the cliff looked super intimidating.

I can just imagine trying to control my braking while going down a slope like that.

Thanks everyone!

The last drop looks super intimidating, but landing in that sand is so soft that it’s almost cheating.

Brake control is a skill that needs a ton of time to get dialed in well - I was lucky enough to start riding Muni and using the brake as an otherwise pretty skilled rider, so I could really focus on just that one skill for a while. What a lot of people miss is getting their basic setup right, you absolutely need to have it so that you can isolate modulating your brake from pulling on your handle.

Fantastic video and Your level of riding is amazing :grinning:

Hi -
Great fun watching this vid. I dream of flowing through jumps like that. Can you describe how you “isolate modulating your brake”? What fingers are doing what, and what is your setup like? I am still riding brakeless, but definitely seeing it in my future.

Thanks!

1 Like

I use my index finger on the brake, the rest on the handle. Currently I’m using a “flansberrium style” mini t/y bar. (Like this: Login • Instagram ) I like this setup a lot, but other setups can achieve similar results.

It allows me to have 3 fingers fully focussed on gripping the bar, and the index finger can move independently of those. So I could be pulling on the bar, but not braking, or braking hard, but be pretty relaxed on the grip.

1 Like

You have some Insane skills. Nice video, I would definitely put this into into the category of videos that inspire.