GP Unicycles...

Ah, here’s the thread about the SH Muni Mark 1 Test Ride
<http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18050>

The frame was moving inwards towards the hub. That would suggest that putting the bearing lip on the outside would be better.

Ah, then how about strategically placed threaded set screws on the crown. Just like grip pins on pedals. :slight_smile:

Ah, then how about strategically placed threaded set screws on the crown. Just like grip pins on pedals. :slight_smile: [/B]
[/QUOTE]

Leo White has something like this on one of his unis, I’m not sure if they’re set screws or rivets of some kind.

Joe

Leo White has something like this on one of his unis, I’m not sure if they’re set screws or rivets of some kind.

Joe [/B]
[/QUOTE]

DMR Terrorpins screwed and loctited into holes that I’d drilled and tapped in the left shoulder of an old Pashley 20" frame.

Leo White

P.S. I’ll take a picture if anyone wants to see it.

I have a vision of some scary gothic unicycle, with spikes and skulls adorning various corners and surfaces… :slight_smile:

Phil

Please! Please!

I heard that profile hubs and cranks had a lifetime warranty on them. Would this apply to the GP unicycles? And if they did break or bend etc… (even though it would probably be near impossible), where would you get new ones from (that is, if the warranty applies to GP unicycles)???

beej,

It’s good to see more Aussies here. It a shame you’re so far away though. Are you planing on going to UniNats in October? As for the Profiles, I think only the cranks have a lifetime warranty but they’re the parts that would break if anything. The Profile cranks on the GP Unis would have the lifetime warranty. I’ll check that with Gary tomorrow, but I’m almost certain of it. I believe the frames also have a lifetime warranty. This is only a guess, but Gary would probably have replacement cranks sent to him from Profile and then shipped out to you or somethign like that.

Andrew

dsc00934.jpg

Wow. Verrrrry cool. Do they work well? They look as though they would be very effective.

Unless your knee hits it; Ouch!

My DM MUni has the knurled crown, which is great grip for such a low-profile texture. The DM frames are plated, like anything you put your foot on should be.

All this talk about paint and doing one foot (or standup?) skills. The paint will get worn off anyway! The first spot to go is always where your foot goes. For me, the second is a bunch of scratches, mostly sustained when the uni is parked or being transported. Paint just doesn’t hold up that well. Baked enamel or powder coating are stronger, but they will still wear off. I like chrome. My only complaint about chrome is lack of color choices. :slight_smile:

For ultra-simple methods of providing foot support, don’t forget the low-budget hose clamp method. Those work better than any amount of grip tape and hold up to quite a bit of use.

Frame Update

The frames are painted and not powder coated. They will now have 4140 bearing holders which will still be strong (high tensile steel, etc.) but will lower the retail price by $50. They will now be about $300 AUD.

Thanks,
Andrew