got two right sided cranks on my new kh 20

Our phone number is on our contact page in international format. It is +44 1642 361 203 for future reference.

If you email us we will react, quite often easier than a phone call due to the time difference.

I have called your mother and it is sorted I will get a left crank off to you today either from our US store or directly from the UK. It will come as fast as we can get it to you.

Roger (at Unicycle.com in the UK)

hey thanks alot roger . do i get to keep the spare right crank?

I’m not trying to dis on Bedford here, but I will take a moment to point out that Jagur, you are wrong.

I ordered a 24KH05 from Bedford and he sent me the wrong unicycle. My 24 inch MUni was sent to New York and the New York guy’s 29 inch MUni was sent to me. THe other guy is on the forum and can back me up here. In the end, everything was corrected and I am satisfied with my transaction and have since placed other orders through Bedford for t-shirts and such. I plan to order future uni’s though both Darrel @ Bedford and Roger @ uni.com in the future. I understand that mistakes can happen.

The only reason I mention this in the forum is because: (1.) I get sick of people blasting uni.com for errors; (2.) uni.com is not the only uni dealer out there that makes mistakes.

me wrong? no way…check that order again then get out of the pool, its my turn with the ladies :wink:

More like a stupidicy. Though it could have been an honest error, it is also common for bike shops to grossly underestimate the forces that get applied to a unicycle. In the case of wrong-sided pedals, it doesn’t take any force at all, just everyday riding, to unscrew the pedal and eventually ruin the crank.

But the bike shops I have dealt with have also been known to put their least-experienced mechanics on unicycle jobs because they are generally very simple. The novice mechanic, who probably mostly assembles new bikes out of the box, may not even realize it matters if you don’t have a right and a left.

Lastly the bike shop may have cobbled some bike cranks. If they were both lefts, this can be a clue. Right-hand cranks have spiders attached, but left ones don’t. Two left cranks was not an uncommon thing to deal with back in the cottered-crank days.

It would be good to get it back, but it can wait, the important bit is to get you the crank so that it is up and working. My guess is that there is going to be a KH out there with 2 left cranks as the production of the cranks was an exact amount. But it could be in any of the countries that import and sell the KH’s.

The replacement crank is coming from our US store as that will get to you the quickest. It left last night.

Roger

Jombo was in the middle of the Wolfman Duathlon race when his pedal did in fact come unscrewed.

I think there was some issue about the spider on the right crank which led to him getting 2 lefts.

That sucks. But a duathlon. Sounds cool. Using a unicycle could make it a Uni-athlon, or a single-athlon. That might be a fun name for a unicycles-only race: a One-athlon!