Got a new Torker DX

I just got a Torker DX and this thing is huge! It’s a monster compared to my old CX which I stripped the hell out of. The tire is three times thicker than the CX and it weighs a lot more as well. The pedals have little metal studs that keep your shoes glued to the pedals and I finally have a nice handle to hold on to. I cut the seat post down 3 inches with my tube cutter because when the seat’s all the way down, you’d still have to be about '6 4 to ride it comfortabley. I guess they did that so that you can cut it down to whatever size you want. I have to work on jumping curbs again because it’s a lot heavier than what I’m used to. Anyways, I’m really excited to start learning some tricks on it. Feel free to comment, thanks :slight_smile:

I ordered the dx too… should be on it’s way tomorrow or something. I’ll let you know once I get it. Can’t wait.

i got one for xmas… came without a frame… so now i have to wait longer with just a seat, a wheel, and some pedals

but yes, its freaking huge compared to my learner uni, i cant wait to ride it.

that sucks where did you order it from?

Well your going to sleep well tonight until the frame comes in. Then you’ll jump for joy and stuff when it does. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :p. Enjoy it, you’re going to have alot of fun. Let me tell you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I found it’s really a struggle to make it up curbs with this thing. It’s so heavy compared to my old CX. I guess I’ll have to build up my leg muscles.

Really?

I could hop higher than with my older freestyle unicycle when I got my DX.

The tire makes me jump higher from it’s massive compression.

i got mine from http://bicyclesource.us/

same here. I got my unicycle thinking it was going to be the 06 because that’s what it said it was going to be but it turned out to be the 07! anyways… My review is that it’s actually pretty light, I know people have said it’s heavy but that’s been the least of my problems and it hasn’t restricted me in any way. Coming from a muni, this thing is really easy to wheel walk and has an ultra mega super uber sticky tire that’s like glue to your feet (in a good way) and i even got in my first coast longer than 5 feet today. So far my only complaint about the unicycle is that the pedals that come with it are a little too small and they cramp up my feet after a long time of trials riding but that was an easy fix putting on kona jackshits and walaa! The only way that they could have made this better is by making the frame lighter but for 250$ you really can’t beat this thing. I now have the 07 24’’ dx and the 19’’ dx and I haven’t had any complaints about either of them. hope this helped. :slight_smile:

Yeah, but I started with a CX which thrice as light.

tehe thrice…

yeah yeah yeah :roll_eyes:

what size was your cx?
16?
20?
24?

You should see a muni tire :wink:

Well, RIDE WITHOUT A FRAME THEN! It’s fun and you’ll transit to seatdrags pretty well after that. AND you’ll improve your balance by heaps.

Also i can picture a BC with a seat just sitting on top. Even though i don’t now how that would work. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Actually, i do know how it will work. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

bombardier.jpg

Did you make that picture Hazmat?

no, he didnt, its a motorized uni that runs with gyroscopes and a ridiculously wide wheel