Got a job at a bike shop

What’s the difference between a ‘proper job’ and a bike shop job? I suppose it depends on the specifics of your bike shop job…

I worked at bike shops over 15 years ago during my college years. The managers always wanted me to be more aggressive selling bikes and accessories than I was comfortable. But I guess that’s just retail. I think I would be much better at it now.
I liked doing repairs and building bikes better.
I got a few bikes at cost, so that was cool.

I was working under the table at the bike shop and around winter time he cut my hours back to far to stay. now i work at Kroger and making less money but its SUPER easy

Ryan Atkins used to work at my LBS. so all the guys are totally stoked when i bring in my uni :stuck_out_tongue:

I worked in a bike shop yeah, bike are really complexe compared to uni, but it was for the 2 years I worked there.

i’m currently working for a big french sport brand, i’m working there as bike repairer, so basically i’m not selling anything i’m just repairing bikes all day and i love it!

I worked in bike shops on and off, but the best one for me was Hokie Spokes in Blacksburg VA. The owner was different and we ultimately came to odds, but I learned to build wheels and I did a hug amount of wrenching so I learned a lot.