Google likes the searched word in the domain name

It turned out, that Google likes a searched word in the domain name very
much. Much more than in the other part of the domain name.

A no content no links on it page can win against a much content, some
100 links pointint to it, search word in URL (but not domain) and
word in title.

So after Rodney posted a decrease in domain names because of Google, this
could be the reason for a boom of domain names because of Google


Roland Mösl http://pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://BeingFound.com Web Design starts at the search engine

I disagree… at least in some areas, Google seems to care the least about
domain name keywords, especially compared to yahoo.

“Roland M=F6sl” wrote:
> =

> It turned out, that Google likes a searched word in the domain name very
> much. Much more than in the other part of the domain name.
> =

> A no content no links on it page can win against a much content, some
> 100 links pointint to it, search word in URL (but not domain) and word
> in title.
> =

> So after Rodney posted a decrease in domain names because of Google,
> this could be the reason for a boom of domain names because of Google
> =

> –
> Roland M=F6sl http://pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
> http://BeingFound.com Web Design starts at the search engine

– =

Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com

“Jay Tierney” <jay@jaytierney.com> wrote in message
news:3C486174.C0C26F40@jaytierney.com
>I disagree… at least in some areas, Google seems to care the least
>about domain name keywords, especially compared to yahoo.

How do You want to compare the strength of domains, when You have an
ancient browser incabable for the Google toolbar ?


Roland Mösl http://pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://BeingFound.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Who the hell would want that toolbar even w/a capable browser?? I can’t
stand toolbars attached to my browsers - they just take up space on the
screen that could be utilized more efficiently.


Shena Delian O’Brien http://www.darklock.com/shena/

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Roland M=F6sl wrote:

> “Jay Tierney” <jay@jaytierney.com> wrote in message
> news:3C486174.C0C26F40@jaytierney.com
> >I disagree… at least in some areas, Google seems to care the least
> >about domain name keywords, especially compared to yahoo.
>
>
> How do You want to compare the strength of domains, when You have an
> ancient browser incabable for the Google toolbar ?
>
>
> –
> Roland M=F6sl http://pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
> http://BeingFound.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Gee, Mosl, like just about everyone else in this NG, I have more than one
browser… yes, believe it or not I have netscape AND I.E. =

Shocking, huh?

“Roland M=F6sl” wrote:
> =

> How do You want to compare the strength of domains, when You have an
> ancient browser incabable for the Google toolbar ?
> =

– =

Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:34:31 -0500, Shena Delian O’Brien wrote (in message
<Pine.LNX.4.33.0201181533580.23240-100000@www.darklock.com>):

> Who the hell would want that toolbar even w/a capable browser?? I can’t
> stand toolbars attached to my browsers - they just take up space on the
> screen that could be utilized more efficiently.

I’ll second that.

If I need to search at Google, I go to Google. I could care less about
a
little “page rank” and search bar taking up space in my browser window.
Then
again I’m sure my site has a “page rank” of “0” with Google, but I am
always
in the top of the search results with Google for the keywords I want. I
think
that really goes to show how little “page rank” has to do with
anything. :wink:


Scott Singletary

Scott’s Buttons- http://www.sesraw.com/ Custom made pin back or magnet
back buttons for all occasions. We specialize in buttons with your
pictures on them.