Good publicity

Those of you that don’t live in NE England will be unaware that Kris Holm appeared on local TV news last night and got a half page article in a local newspaper.
This is fantastic publicity for our sport - people I work with that once thought I was just an idiot going through a mid life crisis are now genuinly interested in what they saw and what I do.
Someone wants to borrow Universe and another person wants to get a uni - “fantastic” !!!

Spider…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I gather the bridge ride went ok then :slight_smile:

Re: Good publicity

Nevertheless, this is not evidence that they were wrong.:wink:

Is someone going to post a video of the TV news spot and a scan of the newspaper article?

Wouldn’t all fit on, but here’s the paper article…

Spider…

at least the uni is cheaper than the convertible and the settlement that would allow u to marry the blond

QUOTE]at least the uni is cheaper than the convertible and the settlement that would allow u to marry the blond
[/QUOTE]

I’ve confused my wife enough by starting muni and learning to play the didgeridoo !!![

Spider…

another didge player!!!
have u managed it while idling yet?

Mrs Sofa’s friend:

‘That’s odd…I have a friend who’s husband says ‘I’m going out with the guys for a few hours’ and she has suspicisions. Brian tells you he’s going unicycling in the pouring rain for 3 hours…no questions asked!’

Nice job. Let’s see what happens to the happening Slovak unicycling scene:

http://www.slovakspectator.sk/clanok.asp?vyd=2003013&rub=spect_cult&cl=12413

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

I don’t play while riding - I FEAR FOR MY TEETH !!!

Spider…:smiley:

Couldn’t you rig up some wheels on the bottom of your didgeridoo?

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Years ago when didjeridus where hard to find I used to use an old flexible Hoover pipe.

I reckon the best way to combine unicycling and didj would be to attach a coiled plastic tube to a helmet, but I’ve never got round to trying it.

Give me a couple of weeks and I’ll send in the photo !!!

Spider… :wink:

what exactly is a transporter bridge? and what makes it so special?

It is a bridge that you get transported accross by being suspended in a cradle underneath it.

It is a pretty impressive structure:

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:36:25 -0500, JJuggle
<JJuggle.mg4db@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>> I don’t play while riding - I FEAR FOR MY TEETH !!!

>Couldn’t you rig up some wheels on the bottom of your didgeridoo?

Good thinking! The bumps of the ground get transmitted through the
wheel and didge, and will knock your teeth out in no time. After that
you don’t have to fear for them anymore. :slight_smile:

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

"Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to? "

didgeridoo

i saw some hippe once who had curved peices of pvc pipe wound around his upper body with the mouth piece coming up and around his shoulder.

if you ware your didge then you could play it hands free with low risk tooth managment

Re: Re: Good publicity

Ok, I sense sarcasm here. What if the wheels were made of chocolate glazed donuts; they wouldn’t transmit the bumps too badly, would they?

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Re: Doughnuts

No chance !!!
They’d enter my gob before even mounting…

Re: PVC pipe

I was thinking of modifying a rubber dust respirator, attaching a hoover hose and fixing that to a piece of plpe which I plan to hold under my arm - bagpipe fashion…

Spider…:smiley: