Goals for 2012!

Continue to ride without breaking bones!!! Haven’t broken anything for quite a while. Maybe a whole year :O! New record for sure.

Julia, those are some insane goals… But then when I think about it, I realize that they should be next on your list. Made me remember how good you are.

Goals for me:
Get a better camera and get serious about making higher quality videos
Get sponsored by a mainstream non-unicycle brand
Do my best in the street competition for unicon italy/be happy with my performance
See the younger riders in my area achieve their unicycling goals
Better and more practical big street tricks/styles
Better and more original tricks

What bones have you broken in the past Chris?

At least 3 rideforgary charity rides…

1. Do “One Wheel, One Day, One Hundred Miles” for the 2nd time. This time for a paralyzed person I just recently met that doesn’t even have a car in the family to get around in. March 17th, 2012 (St. Patrick’s Day) is the date for the ride. I’m still considering route options, I want to avoid too many massive hills and congested city streets that I was on during last years ride.

2. Do the 100 in less than 10 hours this time. Shouldn’t be any problem if the route is a better one.

3. Ride with other unicyclists more often. My first time on a group ride was this years Black Bear Rampage with 5 other unicyclists. What a great group of guys. It was a blast, even with only 3 hours sleep and not enough training before hand. This was the 6th year for the Black Bear Rampage, and it was the first year they allowed (and encouraged) unicyclists. They said they want us back, and they hope we bring more next year :slight_smile:

4. Get a Schlumpf and a better built-up 36er so that I can hit 30mph on a uni. I can hit 20 on my ungeared Nimbus/Coker 36er now.

5. Follow-through with learning more tricks that I’ve seen on these forums and in movies like Defect and Universe II. Some of the things that are being done now on unicycles are really ground-breaking (and sometimes bone-breaking so I will be wearing a helmet and pads a lot more)!

6. Teach more people to unicycle. The other day I lent my loaner uni (a 20" trials uni) to a barista at Starbucks that wants to learn to ride. Her name is April and I May encourage her to join this forum for more inspiration. This year my boys (13 and 16) both learned to ride.

7. Make my fundraising charity an official non-profit (501c). This will be done very soon to facilitate more corporate sponsors.

8. Mix in a little more mountain biking and road biking along with all of my MUni and RUni.

GT Karakoram 2.0 29er, Nimbus MUni 26er, Nimbus/Coker 36er.

GT 29er 26er & 36er.jpg

This :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve broken about a bone each year that I’ve been unicycling. Hopefully I don’t break anything in 2012 but that’s not very likely, with the things I have planned.

The year I started unicycling I had a broken wrist from other stupidness.
Second year of unicycling I broke my wrist again on a handrail.
Third year of unicycling I broke my thumb, again on a handrail.
Fourth year I broke one of my toes trying fifths down a set.
Early this year I broke one of my fingers at uninats during the trials competition. (So it hasn’t been a whole year yet)

So come February the 1st, the 6th year begins and hopefully no breaks :).

Eli you better watch out for me at unicon, I’m totally entering flatland ;O

Edit: New goal for 2012, make it to the flatland battles at unicon without practicing rolls bahaha

my goals for 2012 are :treyflip.
outflip.
450 unispin.
better at double flips.
grind hand rails.
catch flips better.
catch 180 flips.
720 unispin.
go bigger with stair set.
and be cleaner and Steezyer :smiley:

Mine for 2011 was this:

I left myself an out, and surprise surprise, I took it. Mind you, running out of money (and thus having to work instead of train) plus stretching tendons in my knee (riding a bike of all things, but preventing me from riding at all for a couple months) plus some achilles tendonitis late in the season (more not riding) made accomplishing that difficult.

But I stand by my 2011 assertion of a 2012 attempt. Actually, plans have changed slightly and I’m going to take a stab a the 100 mile record first thing next spring. Then try for the 24 hour mid- to late-summer. Those are my goals for 2012.

Oh and one other goal: get at least four more people into unicycling! Recently I’ve been getting tons of requests for lessons!

I can’t wait to see the videos of all these tricks people are posting here. I can’t even do a 180 unispin, but I like to pretend that as a unicyclist, we’re small enough that I can sort of count myself in the same crowd… You guys are bad-ass. Maybe some of the people I teach will become pro and then I can brag even more about stuff I’ve got as little skill in as anyone else.

I’ll try and stay more realistic for 2012 as it’s going to be a busy running year for me:

1. Ride at least once a week.
  2. Ride at least 1000 miles.
  3. Ride on at least one entirely new trail system.
  4. Participate in another 12 hour mountain bike race on my unicycle.
  5. Attempt another unicycle descent of a 14,000+ peak in Colorado.

Well, seeing as how flat competitions have now become who’s better at flips, maybe it isn’t such a bad idea to skip practicing rolls.

In all seriousness, though, I don’t think it’s going to be easy to qualify for the battles this year. I’m pretty nervous, myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Chris you better watch out for me at unicon, I totally already entered street ;O

Chris you better watch out for me at unicon, I totally already entered street ;O

To remember to make a “Goals for 2013” thread! :stuck_out_tongue:

2012 goals:
idle
ride backwards
ride some steeper hills
suicide mount
side mount
ride down stairs
fall off less
Make an awesome video
Get more people unicycling!

Onions.

360 unispin
Become a strong muni rider
Glide longer
WW
Ride skinnies consistently
Do some good flat combos

• rolling hops
  • climb steeper hills
  • continue to join in on mtb races
  • improved Schlumpf shifting
  • use Schlumpf on more descents
  • beginner street tricks
  • more trail work involvement

My goals:
Fifth Flips
Trey Doubles
900s
Mammoth Spins
Crankflip 6 stairs
Treyflip 3stairs (atleast)
Rolling hop 90cm
Compete in the Aus Uninats
Have fun!

That sounds like a sensible approach, even if you didn’t care at all about the 100 record - training for that and having it as a target will help a lot with the 24 training. In theory you should be able to make the 100 your longest ride, provided you’ve trained properly otherwise and put together plenty of back-to-back training to get used to riding whilst tired. Beyond that it starts becoming a mental battle, one you want to be fresh and eager for.

I write as a uni newbie, but one with plenty experience of competing in endurance events - I don’t think I’ve ever “trained” for longer than the 100 will take you, yet raced in numerous events of 24 hours or longer (and been pretty successful in some of them :smiley: ).

My goals for 2012 are:
Get rolling wraps down to a science
Get double/triple seat wraps
Get back-roles
Get consistent at 1 spins
Get 3 spins
Wheel walking
One-foot WW
Gliding
Maybe crankflips…
Hop over 50cm
Gap 2 meters
Win an OUT game;)
Ride with other unicyclists in my area
Ride MUni on my new MUni
And of course… Have fun!

New goal: Do a revdoubleflip down 3 pallets, and get revflips consistent on flat :smiley:

revflip is like a rev to flip?
so revdoubleflip is like a rev tot double flip… which means your wheel will have turned 3 time… XD wtf!! thats amazing!! I don’t think somebody has ever landed it!? :slight_smile:

my goals:
-stay at my current level for trial
-get back to handrails (didn’t do a good one since the one in UINAC… because I had a really scary fall xD)

• 720side
  • consistant fifthflips and fulloutdouble flips
  • flip +8set
  • try to be as creative as possible :stuck_out_tongue:
    -…

Me neither :stuck_out_tongue:
Got a revflip that was about 1/4 overflipped, so I thought if the revdouble could be possible. I tried and landed just behind the unicycle and the cranks was maybe 1/10 of being fully flipped :slight_smile:
I’m gonna try again soon, maybe I can get it even before 2012 :stuck_out_tongue: That would be sick! :smiley: