Gloves vs Wrist guards

I’m about to extend my muniform with a pair of wristguards.

The wrist guards I’ve been looking at are designed for inline skating and cover quite a bit of the hand, I see two problems with this.

1. It’ll make it more difficult to get a good grip on the saddle

2. Seems like it would be bulky to wear them over gloves and and they are to big to put the gloves over.

So you people who do use wristguards, how is it affecting your saddle grip, and do you wear them with gloves?

Are there other wrist guards than those designed for inline that suits better for muni?

Klas

I wear skating wristguards over full fingered Specialized mountain biking gloves. I use a Miyata handle with no problems .

I wear skating wristguards also. They feel a little awkward at first, but pose no significant interference when grabbing the saddle.

klas,

it’s great you are deciding to wear wrist guards at all. i just wanted to make that clear. i thought differently until i fractured mine recently.

-eric

cycling gloves fit under wrist guards nicely.

not only do they not get in the way of a handle, but the KH Velo handle supports the hand nicely with the guard, almost like the handle was designed with wearing guards in mind. Perhaps the input of a skilled unicyclist?

I wear bike gloves under inline wrist guards too. Try to find bike gloves with a relatively thin palm pad - you won’t need it anyway. My problem is interference between the wrist guards and elbow/forearm pads.

Tim

I wear roller-blade wrist guards over full fingered mountain bike gloves. No interference with the KH seat handle.

Re: Gloves vs Wrist guards

Harbinger wrist guards are used by many people. They seem to offer the best
mobility for unicycling and can be found on unicycle.com.

Dylan

I’m on my second pair of these and they are great. The guard works perfectly
with a Reeder handle.

—Nathan

“Dylan Wallinger” <extremeunicycler@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20030321152526.02734.00000223@mb-ck.aol.com
> Harbinger wrist guards are used by many people. They seem to offer the
best
> mobility for unicycling and can be found on unicycle.com.
>
> Dylan

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:00:08 -0600, klas
<klas.knc71@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>Are there other wrist guards than those designed for inline that suits
>better for muni?

Your post triggered me to do what I’ve been meaning to do for some
time. So now I’ve posted a review of my Harbinger “street” wrist
guards in the Product Reviews forum. They are half-fingered gloves and
wrist guards combined.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

Does the word Dada mean anything to you?

Lots of helpful information here, thanks a lot. I’m really impressed by the speed and quality of answers here.

Have a Viscount seat on my muni, so the wrist guard may not fit the “handle” as good as the Velo but I think it should still be usable right?
I’m still not very good at riding so uni upgrades will have to wait.

Klas