Glasses fog up while riding

I have a pair of Dewalt DPG55-11C Clear Anti-Fog Protective Safety Glasses with Dual-Injected Rubber Frame and Temples for $10 that I having been wearing. Well, I wouldn’t say “wearing”. I always wear them into the woods but it’s not too long before I get tired of messing with them (aint got all day) and they end up stowed in my CamelBak while I risk it with a naked :astonished: eye or two.

Looking at the name “Anti-Fog” of my glasses again, perhaps it’s not that they “fog up” ask much as get wet. I cannot overstate just exactly how much I sweat (and how slow I go/no wind) when I ride MUni. I’ll let you guys know if the SweatGutr helps. Thanks for all the replies!

Yeah, I have issues with sweat dripping on the lenses and things getting a little blurry. That sweatgutr looks like the ideal solution (combined with eye protection). Let me know how it works for you.

Hi guys,
I’m not sure I would trust cheap glasses to protect my eyes. View can be sometimes distorted and well, the UV protection parameters can be a bit misleading imho.
On the other hand I’m not unicyclist yet (my first uni will arive next week) but I use my WileyX Talon for airsoft and I also plan to use them while riding the uni. So far I had no problems with fogging or sweat dripping on the lenses (even after 'bout 1/2 mile crawl with 6kg gun in my hands). Too bad I need RX instert 'cause i wanted to go with sg-1.
That about sums it all. Maybe one note at the end. I personally would not trust cheap glasses to protect me from some sharp stones that can ricotchet from friend’s bike.

I use the type that MadFural posted. (But I get them from work, shhh…) sweat happens, fog happens sometimes but clears when rolling. Usually any helmet will have a sweat catcher at the front but I still get drops from time to time. No biggie to clean them once in a while during the ride. Better than, tree limbs, dirt, sand, bugs, etc. from getting in your eye and ruining your day.

Terry, those look smart and great! I didn’t even realize vented shades existed.

Just got my ancient (11 year old) Maui Jim Cyclones back from lense replacement and look forward to trying those out with the muni when I have the skill.

3M is a respected brand IMO and these $5 glasses comply with ANSI Z87.1-2003 standards. For Muni use, they are plenty strong for flying debris or branches. If you were riding a geared 36 inch on the highway with passing cars, then I might consider them less than adequate.

z87 rated safety glassed are what we use in the mechanic field. That rating means they’re super strong and shatter proof. I wear mine while riding my motorcycle (on highways) all the time. They’re the best investment you can make for your eyes.

Not always. Only when you haven’t applied a defogging product such as: http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-54/028007/500psi-Mask-Defog.html

The protection offered by spit does not last nearly as that from a proper product.

'nuther great option

SweatHawg helmet liners, highly absorbent brow with a wicking top. Concealed under your helmet during use (looks great) and no more sweat in your eyes or glasses. www.sweathawg.com Works for me!

FYI, I bought the “Sweat GUTR” product and it works awesome! It fits under my helmet and I don’t even notice it. Best of all, no more sweat dripping into my eyes or on my glasses!

Problem solved…at least on the outside: