Gladiators rules

In Unicycle Gladiators there only two rules

1- don’t get killed
2- nothing above the neck

Any thing else is a guideline.

sarah ( UK)


Unicon 11 ~ Washington USA.~ July 25 - Aug 2 2002
The world unicycle convention and championships.
http://www.nwcue.org

Re: Gladiators rules

Sarah Miller wrote:
>
> In Unicycle Gladiators there only two rules
>
> 1- don’t get killed
> 2- nothing above the neck
>
> Any thing else is a guideline.

Which is why I haven’t played gladiators since Crawley 2000.

At least the only thing destroyed in that match was my favourite
T-shirt. And I didn’t even get an apology from my opponent :frowning:

… fondly remembering the time when unicycle gladiators was still
just a game …

  • Richard

Re: Gladiators rules

> Which is why I haven’t played gladiators since Crawley 2000.
>
> At least the only thing destroyed in that match was my favourite
> T-shirt. And I didn’t even get an apology from my opponent :frowning:

With an attitude like that, I suspect I would have given up hockey when
someone called Richard Loxley deliberately trashed my stick because
“I couldn’t resist it. Hahaha!”. :wink: SUB being a foul hardly amounts to a
freedom to ride with destructive intent over sticks not in your way <grrr>.

Arnold the Aardvark

PS: Richard offered to contribute to new stick, but I would rather
exact revenge in a grudge match…

Re: Gladiators rules

Arnold the Aardvark wrote:
>
> With an attitude like that, I suspect I would have given up hockey when
> someone called Richard Loxley deliberately trashed my stick because
> “I couldn’t resist it. Hahaha!”. :wink: SUB being a foul hardly amounts to a
> freedom to ride with destructive intent over sticks not in your way <grrr>.

I only did it because you were an experienced player who should
have know better than to leave your stick lying around where it
could have been a danger to beginners :slight_smile:

> PS: Richard offered to contribute to new stick, but I would rather
> exact revenge in a grudge match…

If you won’t accept my money or my apology, then I’ve only got one
thing to say to you…

Bring it on!

  • Richard

Re: Gladiators rules

Richard Loxley wrote:
> … I haven’t played gladiators since Crawley 2000.
>
> At least the only thing destroyed in that match was my favourite
> T-shirt. And I didn’t even get an apology from my opponent :frowning:

That’s what you get for wearing a T-shirt. I find the most effective tactic
(especially at Crawley, where it’s always warm and sunny) is to wear just my
lycra shorts, a pair of flip-flops and plenty of sun cream. Nobody can get
a grip :slight_smile:

Mind you, grabbing someone’s T-shirt is pretty poor form (which T-shirt was
it, BTW?)

> … fondly remembering the time when unicycle gladiators was still
> just a game …

It still is. Maybe it’s just a little too rough and tumble for a man in his
30s :wink:


Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny )
Recumbent cycle page: http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/
“I don’t think proofreading is adequate. All posts should be waxed and
buffed. Then they should wear little tuxedos.” - Greg Harper on usenet

RE: Gladiators rules

> In Unicycle Gladiators there only two rules
>
> 1- don’t get killed
> 2- nothing above the neck
>
> Any thing else is a guideline.

So I propose that Gladiators is the Rugby of unicycle wrestling sports. :slight_smile:

JF