Giraffes in Atlanta

Hi,

It would appear that there is a law in Atlanta, GA that a giraffe cannot
be tied to a lamp post or telephone pole. I’m not making this up. Honest.

It occurs to me that anybody with a giraffe in Atlanta looking for a bit
of publicity might like to make use of this fact with a bit of civil
disobedience. :wink:

Regards,
Mark.

Fujitsu Telecom Europe Ltd,| o
Solihull Parkway, | In the land of the pedestrian, /|
Birmingham Business Park, | the one-wheeled man is king. <<
Birmingham, ENGLAND. | O

Re: Giraffes in Atlanta

Perhaps they are talking about giraffe animals – perhaps
it is part of a law against cruelty to animals?

BTW, perhaps someone could get one of those giraffe
constumes from Disney’s stage production of “Lion King”
to wear while riding a giraffe uni…

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:16:03 +0000, Mark Wiggins
<M.Wiggins@ftel.co.uk> wrote:
>It would appear that there is a law in Atlanta, GA that a giraffe cannot
>be tied to a lamp post or telephone pole. I’m not making this up. Honest.
>
>It occurs to me that anybody with a giraffe in Atlanta looking for a bit
>of publicity might like to make use of this fact with a bit of civil
>disobedience. :wink:
>
>Regards,
>Mark.
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>Fujitsu Telecom Europe Ltd,| o
>Solihull Parkway, | In the land of the pedestrian, /|
>Birmingham Business Park, | the one-wheeled man is king. <<
>Birmingham, ENGLAND. | O

Re: Giraffes in Atlanta

Georgia, like so many other places, has strange laws. I remember an interview with former president Jimmy Carter. He said that as a state legislator he was able to get a law passed that you couldn’t vote if you’d been dead for more than 3 years. Apparently before that the sky was the limit (so to speak).

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Re: Giraffes in Atlanta

hbaker1@pipeline.com wrote:
> Perhaps they are talking about giraffe animals

What? There’s an animal named after a unicycle? Cool, I never thought of
that. Ahem.

> – perhaps
> it is part of a law against cruelty to animals?

But it’s OK to tie any other animal to a lamp post…

> BTW, perhaps someone could get one of those giraffe
> constumes from Disney’s stage production of “Lion King”
> to wear while riding a giraffe uni…

…and I thought I was weird.

Regards,
Mark.

Fujitsu Telecom Europe Ltd,| o
Solihull Parkway, | In the land of the pedestrian, /|
Birmingham Business Park, | the one-wheeled man is king. <<
Birmingham, ENGLAND. | O