Getting used to a new unicycle

I just got my torker DX in the mail, and i’ve been riding one of those cheap indoor ones. I started riding my torker dx and its ALOT different, like i can hop half as high as i could with my other one and like half as far… Did everyone go through this, or is it just me?

everyone goes through it.

Yes i had this problem and still have, I think its cos trials unis are heavier, well it was in my case anyway.

Ok, thanks
I was worried that it was just me that is having this problem :smiley:

ya that happens to me to kinda

Yea, they are heavier. But you should be able to hop higher on the Torker, with that beefier tire and a lower psi. It just takes some getting used to.

Just dont use your old one for hopping and just use your DX and then you will get used to it…I really had to get used to mine because i went from a cheap 16" unicycle…lol

Took me 2 days to get used to my new KH. Had to mess with the seat height a lot to find a good spot for it. Wasnt used to having a pre tilted seat base.

Tire pressure took me a long time to figure out too, but now I have everything perfect on it, and it rides great.

yeh i had the same problem when i changed from my 20" learner uni to my Qu-Ax Heavy duty trials 20" but wen u get used to it you wil realize why bigger tyres are better

Everyone goes through it when they upgrade their unicycles to a better one. It also happened to me when i went from a learners to a LX then a DX. :smiley:

Trials are heavier because they have stiffer frames, i believe. :thinking:

Anyways it all takes time getting used to so have fun and enjoy. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just ride alot and it will soon become natural.

took me over a week to get used to my orange bud…
and it took me like 2 weeks to get really comfortable on it…

A lot of it is the weight

Try some plastic pedals. These can take off about a pound from your uni. I like these.
http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30&action=details&sku=PD1097