gear gear revolution

we are in a geared uni revolution its alot like hitler it started small then bonded with many powerfull people (krisholm) to extend its reach furter with a geared muni then a geared 36 coker noone can stop it now it will change unicycling forever

I’m going to let this one slip because you’re only twelve, but both pointless topics and references to Hitler usually arn’t appreciated on forums. Mainly references to Hitler are severely frowned upon…

im not saying hitler was good im not saying i liked hitler making a comparisen on how geared unis and hilter went from nothing to something big in a short time and this my first time ever metioning hitler
and i hate hitler but he was a an overambitios genios but i respect him but hate him

The problem with mentioning hitler is that he did tons of really evil stuff and in all respects, not that long ago. There’s still people alive that lived through some of that horrible stuff.

So while you’re not saying “I <heart> Hitler” or anything rediculous, it’s a subject that’s very sensitive and probably easier to avoid given the huge amount of emotion that still surrounds the topic.

Also remember that the experiences that people in North America had was greatly different from the experiences that people in Europe had- since it was their back yard and neighbors that had to endure the vast bulk of effects from Hitler.

I’m not saying that you were “wrong” to say what you said, just offering some perspective to why anything pertaining to Hitler or the Nazis is a very sensitive subject that is usually best to leave out of casual conversation when something else could adequately be substituted.

Yeah, no more hitler refrences, ok? I dont think that Kris Holm plans do to any thing evil. And geared unis are not evil, are they?

I don’t personally think geared unis will fly until they are much cheaper. I can get a geared bicycle for about $30 rather than $1000+ for the uni. Cokers are cheaper than the geared unis too. Both have advantages and disadvantages. The one really cool thing is the geared MUni that might be comming out. I still wouldn’t buy it at over 1000$ though. Geared unis are cool, they just dont really interest me until they get a bit better and cheaper.

Please, just shut up about Hitler.

i should not of metioned it its a sensitive subject lets put it behind us and talk about geared unis

i dont understand how the gears inside the hib wont brake if people are using them for MUNI

they re super stong aloy and in a protective casing

yeah but… gears slip and miss and crunch and stuff

i just wouldnt want to be flting down a hill and then start coasting becuase the gears slip or somthing

hitler was a vegetarian…

but i love gears the most. aOHAOhaoHAOHoahOAH!

i agree and thats why this is going to be a scary moment in time for KH unicycles… it just seems impossible that there wont be somone getting seriously hurt from a gear slipping at a critical moment.

products like this more often than not, have a short life due to the court system.

If anyone can do it right, it’s KH unicycles. Have faith.

[QUOTE=dale_dale]
yeah but… gears slip and miss and crunch and stuff/QUOTE]
That stuff can happen in a car’s gearbox, but the grearing in a unicycle hub is nuch more simple. I am sure that geared hubs can, and will be built stronger than you would ever need on a muni.

Geared hubs would be a huge asset for street riding. Imagine being able to ride fast enough on a 20 to clear a picnic table!

That stuff can happen in a car’s gearbox, but the grearing in a unicycle hub is much simpler. I am sure that geared hubs can, and will be built stronger than you would ever need on a muni.

Geared hubs would be a huge asset for street riding. Imagine being able to ride fast enough on a 20 to clear a picnic table!

I hadn’t thought about that, but hells yeah.

Talking about gears slipping/malfunctioning…Does anyone remember this? It was quite a nasty accident, and it happened with one of the first generation geared hubs.

I do remember that…but in the words of Ken Looi himself:

A few notes on the hub slippage: it happened on the first generation hub and Florian had been very concerned that I was still using it, so my apologies to Florian- I know he’s corrected the problem (and did a very expensive product recall) and if I had had more time I would have switched over to the Generation 2 hub before the trip. But I was seriously pressed for time before the LUT. Sad excuse but I can’t do anything about that now.

So there was a problem with the first generation hub, but it should be all better now.

florian is the man him a kris holm can solve any gear problem

Hitler also only had one testical!

Geared unis are excellent!

Ed

well, i want a five speed hub then.