Gallery questions

I was trying to post some new pic’s from this weekend’s ride in Vancouver but it seems they are in bmp format and the gallery must have jpgs. I am using Irfanview as my editor but can not find the window that allows me to change from bmp to jpg, if that is even possible… help me out here, computer geeks.

Also, once and album has been set up, can new photos be added to the same album (if so, how?) or do you have to set up another album each time you have new photos to add?

thanks for your time,
Erin

Re: Gallery questions

Erin,

You have two options to get your files into JPG format. If there are a large number of them, I’d suggest a Batch Conversion. Click on File > Batch Conversion/Rename. Choose the files from the file browser in the right half of the window and click ‘Add’ when they’re all selected. Below the list of files you have selected (on the left, not in the file browser), there should be an ‘Output Format’ drop-down box with ‘JPG - JPEG Files’ already selected. If it isn’t selected, then do so. Go over to the right-hand side again, select your Output Directory and then click ‘Start’ (upper mid-left).

If you want to convert the files one-by-one, open the file you want to convert and click File > Save As and select the ‘JPG - JPEG Files’ format from the pull-down box below the ‘File Name:’ field (again, it’s pre-selected in mine, but may not be in yours).

I’ve never made a gallery on the unicyclist.com webspace, so I don’t know exactly how to add pictures, but I would bet large sums of money on the fact you can add pics… somehow.

Hope this works.

Later,
Eli.

Hey Eli, thanks that worked great… and now all the pic’s have been added… in jpeg format as required.

cheers,
Erin

Erin,

If you go into your gallery, you’ll see “login” on the top right of the screen. Click on that and type in your username and password. After you’ve done that, lots more things will come up on the top right. One of them will be “Add Photos” or something like that. Click on that and follow the instructions. There are heaps of other things you can do in the galleries like create albums within your main gallery and then move photos into them from other parts of the gallery. I can’t figure out how to do this though because I really don’t know much about computers and the internet and so on.

Hopefully that’ll be useful,
Andrew