fun with cranks

Has anyone ever put two cranks of different length on a uni? I only have one two sets, one splined and one not, so I can’t, but was wondering if that was fun, or weird or whatever. Also, ever mount two cotterless cranks 90 degrees apart to get the whole bounding frolicking sort of ride?
-gauss

At a recent Juggling convention at the University of Maryland I saw someone riding arround with their cranks mounted in the same direction(so your feet are ajasent to each other)… it made for some funny looking riding. I havent tried it though

Re: fun with cranks

I have seen this done on an offset/offcenter wheel where the spokes are shorter on one side and longer on the other. It makes for a very odd ride.

This is what we would call a “Kangaroo.” It really helps to be able to ride one footed with both feet to ride like this. Not to practicle, but fun for show.

In article <dustin.5t4hb@timelimit.unicyclist.com>,
dustin <dustin.5t4hb@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:
)
)> Also, ever mount two cotterless cranks 90 degrees apart to get the
)> whole bounding frolicking sort of ride? This is what we would call a
)“Kangaroo.” It really helps to be able to
)ride one footed with both feet to ride like this. Not to practicle, but
)fun for show.

90 degrees apart isn’t a kangaroo–more like a giraffe? Something that
lopes.
-Tom

Re: Re: fun with cranks

Oops! My bad, I was thinking of a 180 degree switch with one of the cranks. I kept thinking I had a some screws loose when I was posting that, sorry about the brain fart.

I was just thinking the other night of posting this up. It would be interesting to see someone with a 102mm crank on one side, and a 175mm on the other. It might work well on a circle track for some aggressive cornering. :wink:

In article <mlBL8.4158$Dn3.33316@dfw-read.news.verio.net>, doosh@inl.org (Tom Holub) wrote:
> In article <dustin.5t4hb@timelimit.unicyclist.com>,
> dustin <dustin.5t4hb@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:
> )
> )> Also, ever mount two cotterless cranks 90 degrees apart to get the
> )> whole bounding frolicking sort of ride? This is what we would call a
> )“Kangaroo.” It really helps to be able to
> )ride one footed with both feet to ride like this. Not to practicle, but
> )fun for show.
>
> 90 degrees apart isn’t a kangaroo–more like a giraffe? Something that
> lopes.
> -Tom