Fun Park ride with OC group! 9.16.07

What a blast we had today in Laguna Niguel! There were about 15 riders and we rode around the lake enjoying picture-perfect weather! We “hearded” a huge family of geese with our unis across a dirt road to the lake, hopped on everything we could find, and crazy Deano (bottom row, third from left) climbed to the top of a 70’ tree like it was nothing, and we all had the best time.

I took my 36er while most rode thier 20’s, so I had to ride a lot slower than usual, or double back when I got too far ahead! Lots of the younger riders tried riding the big wheel and to my surprise, many were able to ride it after some help mounting. No video since we were just too busy riding, but the pic below shows the happy group!

IMG_0694.JPG

how I wish, how I wish I were there…

Haha, next time hopefully!:smiley:

i plan on being there in july!
what part of orange county do you guys ride in? i am going to stay at newport beach? is there anyway someone could give me(possibly a friend) a ride?

That would be awesome! then you could teach me those massive rolling hops!:smiley:

This was a great ride and I was impressed wiht how a lot of the newer riders did! For four of these kids it was there first ride. We are having a uni events night and bon fire on September 29 in two weeks, for some basketball, trials and fun. We will give out prizes for different events that night so everybody within range should come and meet our group!

I just might be there.

That’s a Saturday, so do you have an approximate meeting time yet? Since you mentioned a bonfire, will this be on the beach pretty much?

That’s a Saturday, so do you have an approximate meeting time yet? Since you mentioned a bonfire, will this be on the beach pretty much?

yea it was on the beach last time and it was a lot of fun im thinking about bringing my home made trials course

Yeah how do you ride trials on the sand haha? What kind of “home made trials course” do you have? Can you fit it all in the truck to bring it? Maybe I can help set it up.

I’ll go with you if you decide to make the trip.

Where we are going to go there will be a nice parking lot area where you can do trials off of the sand! Tyler, I hope you bring it!

I will say we will start at around 6:00. I will continue to add details as the time comes closer!