FS: Polished & Drilled Airfoil Rim

What kind of track bike, and what size?

RTL just got a little less challenging

yahoo

I never saw it built up when I was making it. Sweet!

if you want RTL to be a bit easier switch to some shorter cranks. Looks like your using 152s? i did for a while as well but your legs move a lot and it is hard to keep the wheel straight at speed. i’m not 125’s now and find them much nicer. That is a shit hot rim though. At least if you cant keep up with the Guni guys you can blind them into a mass upd (tour de france style) and take the stage!
mark

Hahaha very funny. Yeah I have just been too busy with more complicated upgrades to worry about my cranks… even though I have cursed myself everytime I go out for a ride with those horrid 152s. I think I will get some 125 and 100s. Really looking forward to trying this thing with short cranks.

looks very swet, the rim is amazing. Are those blue spokes or is it just a reflection of the frame/sky? unisk8r, did you have the rim on a rotating jig with stops under a drill press to get the holes in position and evenly spaced, or did you go a bit more freestyle with the drilling?

and I can’t believe it went for less than i bought my stock airfoil for

It was done in a drill press jig, but rotated by eye, so I wouldn’t say the holes are perfectly equidistant.

It’s nice to be partially compensated for your labor, but like the real part-making gurus out there, the goal is to get the goods out into the uni-verse for all to see.

unisk8r – what drill sizes did you use? I want to do something similar to my own Airfoil rim and I’d be happy for any tips regarding drill pattern, hole sizes and what rim tape to use. BTW – will it be possible to use a streched 29" tube on a rim drilled like this?