Frames for dx

Does the k1 white russian frame or the kh trials frame fit with the 2007 dx32 rim w/ maxxis cc tire

If you put shims on your bearings, then yes. I would just buy a Nimbus II frame and powdercoat it whatever color you want instead of buying a Koxx-One frame. You get better bearing holders, arguably stronger frame, and won’t have to buy a new seatpost. Nimbus II frame also comes in red, blue, and yellow.

What about the kh trials frame??? Would i need to get shims and a new seat post for that???

yes.

Thanks for the info

Why do you want a new frame?

You could get a seatpost shim (~$2) instead of a $20 new post.

Putting a KH frame on the DX wheel would be kind of silly. Upgrading the wheel instead of the frame is going to make a much more noticeable difference.

I would say go for the Nimbus frame.

Well, the DX wheelset is really strong, the frame is the main weakness that would need to be replaced/upgraded.

Yeah, Isaiah had a kh frame on a dx wheel. It was good.

Well yeah, the DX wheel is near indestructible, it just weighs a crap ton and has the narrow rim. Thats what I meant by being able to notice the difference.

Getting a Nimbus frame and lighter hub/crankset would probably be lighter then a KH frame on a DX wheel.

ok then what would be the best hub and crank setup??

Nimbus hub with 150 isis quax cranks for trials, 125 for street. The qu-ax are lighter than the kh cranks and the nimbus hub is stronger than the kh.

He’s got the idea but you may consider KH moment cranks in the 137mm size as thats a more versatile length and those cranks are less likely to bash up your ankles.

For one, don’t get 150mm cranks on a trials. Two, QU-AX doesn’t make them in 150. :slight_smile:

Well, we know they are 145mm, but UDC lists them as 150mm. If this person doesn’t know about shimming or what size bearings the KH frame is made for, I doubt they know the true size of the cranks. Wickedbob just told him what to look for if he was ordering new cranks.

Yeah, also a nice choice of crank. I figured be could grind the nubs off, they would be quite nice then.

I have kh 150’s on my trials, it’s quite nice. I can still get enough speed to jump sets, I land 6/7’s just fine. Rolling hops are also fine, I’ve got 7ft something, I didn’t land it because I suck, but you get that the speed isn’t a huge issue. That said, I would get something shorter unless trials was going to be your main focus, even if it was most get something shorter like 137’s as brian said. I recommended the quax cranks because I heard they were lighter than the kh and you seemed to have your mind on weight.

That all being said, your probably going to want to get 137’s as brian suggested.

I have kh 150’s on my trials, it’s quite nice. I can still get enough speed to jump sets, I land 6/7’s just fine. Rolling hops are also fine, I’ve got 7ft something, I didn’t land it because I suck, but you get that the speed isn’t a huge issue. That said, I would get something shorter unless trials was going to be your main focus, even if it was most get something shorter like 137’s as brian said. I recommended the quax cranks because I heard they were lighter than the kh and you seemed to have your mind on weight.

That all being said, your probably going to want to get 137’s.

So the nimbus isis hub with 137mm kh moments

Yep, that would be just fine. :slight_smile:

If you’re sure you want to upgrade all that. You can’t put the 36h hub and cranks on the 48 spoke Alex DX rim, so you’d need to get a wheelset instead.

Actually, the QU-AX ISIS cranks do not have nubs.