For the love of God.....

let the term tUni die a quick death…I cringe every time I read it :astonished:

wait… did you just bring it up again?

I hate it, too, but it’s sooo much easier than drawling out my “trials uni”. Mabey I should throw away my tuni and just stick to the muni. What a conundrum.

I think both Tuni and Muni sound stupid, but since I have yet to come up with anything better, I just let it be. I have to say though Tuni is somehow more offensive than Muni. Neither one means anything to anyone outside unicycling. I think I will go with George Peck and just call it Rough Terrain Unicycling.

When I was younger I used to hate when my younger brothers called called Captain Kangaroo, “Captain” and Sesame Street “Sesame”. Those were two of about 100 abbrv. they would use every day. For some reason I rarely used abbreviations myself and could hardly bear hearing them from others. Sort of the same way others here get all nutty about spelling and punctuation.

I like Muni. :slight_smile: Tuni is bad because it reminds you of toons/cartoons which makes you think of silly child playthings.

“rough terrain unicycling” is a bit much… I find “mountain unicycling” about sums it up seein as people are so used to “mountain biking”.

Tuni is pretty mental, it’s not like the bikers go out on their “Trikes” or “Tbikes” or “Tikes” or whatever. How bout TrUni… not

I like muni, but it’s good to use ‘mountain unicycling’ in the presence of non-unicyclists. Then they seem to really realise what we’re doing because they’re familiar with mountain biking.

Andrew

What do trials bike riders call their sport? We could addopt the way they say it. :slight_smile:

That would be “trials riding” I think.

RTU?
RTUNI?
artyuni?

…ARGH: Tuni!

LONG LIVE TUni LONG LIVE TUni LONG LIVE TUni LONG LIVE TUni

Tuni is an awesome word. Look at ‘muni’ - you can’t really do anything with it. But ‘tuni’ - it’s just awesome:

When you’re discussion the viability of various trials obstacles, you can say: “You can tuni piano, but you can’t tuni fish”

Actually, if you put some pallets and crates on a raft in a lake, you can tuni fish.

If neither person cheats during a trials competition, you can say: “that Tuni bout is fair play”

As for Rayden’s comment about cartoons, I will admit that jumping from one vehicle to another would be two-car-tuni, but anything else should be okay.

Sorry 'bout that,
Rob

[Edit: on second thought, if you prounounce muni as ‘muh-nee’ instead of ‘myu-nee’, you could squeeze a few puns out of it, but none would be as painful as the ones you can get from ‘tuni’.]

I agree, the term ‘muni’ should only be used around unicyclist (or anyone else that knows what it means) and so sohlud ‘tuni’.

For anyone that doesnt know what ‘tuni’ is, call it Trials Unicycling, but if you are talking to a unicyclists, call it Tuni!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just my thought…

Joe,

i’ve found that most people are incredulous that unicyclists actualy muni and tuni.

TriUn - For the love of God

For the love of God,… I am very new to the world of unicycling, or should I say Universe of unicycling?

But from a fresh perspective how about “TriUn”

It plays on Trials Unicycling
Plus a deep hidden understanding that you almost have to be a member of the Holy Trinity to ride this stuff.
3 things on 1 wheel (Skill, Guts, Determination on 1 wheel)

Respectfully submitted by a uni-newbie
AKA UniPastor

:sunglasses:

The people I know usually call their trials unicycles one of two things:

1. Unicycle (or Uni)
  2. Trials

Example: "Lemme get my Trials, I’ll be right there.

Us MUni people also usually refer to our mountain unicycles as “unicycles.” I prefer to think of MUni as a word to describe the activity. But I think we sometimes overuse it. As someone already mentioned, when talking to “regular” people, we should say the whole words, either mountain unicycling, rough terrain unicycling, trials unicycling, or whatever.

“Muni” has its permanent place in our lexicon because Pashley uses it as the name for their rough terrain cycle. Tuni is less likely to be used as a product name (I hope).

I used to term mUni in an interview for a magazine article that is coming out this month…I am hoping the dude didn’t use it as every other word when he wrote the article :smiley:

I stick to using the terms ‘cycle’ and ‘cycling’. Sometime people ask, the subtlety is lost on many…