Alright all you real unicyclers, I’ve got some questions for you. I can ride a unicycle and have a great 29" GB4 but I’ve got some more questions about gear.
- What do you wear for footwear? (I’ve got to get away from wearing flip-flops sometime.)
- What do you recommend for a trials uni? (I’m in the market.)
- Do you have brakes? You like them? Recommend them? What makes them so great? Etc…
Also, is there a good guide to getting mad hops on a uni anywhere? (albeit my 29 isn’t great for this).
And lastly, the skatepark has a sign that says no bicycles, has anyone ever tried takin their uni in? Consequences?
Re: Footwear, Trials Unis, Brakes, Jumping, and Skateparks.
- Vans… I personally perfer the Rowely serires but all Vans are good!
- Kris Holm KH-20
- I have a brake on my mUni and highly recommend one for mountain uni on steep trails…I don’t think you’ll want or need one on a trials uni…but I’m not a big trails riding so maybe someone else should answer that.
I have vans rowley xlt’s i don’t like the new ones more money and they look alot worse to ride in.
Err i have a nimbus frame kh saddle with a qu-ax wheel set
totally unsure on brakes
don’t know if it helped but there u go!
www.freewebs.com/andrewcarter/trials.htm has a few bits and pieces on hopping.
Hey thanks! Everyone is very helpful here, this website is great!
unicycles as far as i know are not bikes but i still don’t think you will get in