FlyRad - Electric Unicycle, Kinda

And we as potential customers have the right to not buy your product.
Oh, and tell our friends and families not to buy your product too.

You have a nice day also.

[quote=“FlyRad,post:20,topic:112863”]

Ok, now completely bored with this discussion as most are on here when the reply ends with “have a nice day” Yawwwwwn!

I’d like to go back to the last reply by John Foss where he punted on the question about sex positions on a unicycle . . . Anyone want to share their personal one wheeled eros story on here? Pictures would be a real bonus. . . . . and no, having sex with ones self while on a unicycle does not count. There needs to be a second person involved.
Ok, yes, Tommy and Shelly can share their own Flyrad Eros story as long as no German schoolchildren were harmed or involved in the sordid sloppy electric motor driven affair.

Ok, letter rip folks . . . . .

Hi into the blue and brycer1968,

please write a clear statment to this points:
The reasons for inventing the FlyRad are:

• having a different vehicle what makes fun to ride on besides unicycles and others…
  • having a new vehicle nearly anybody can learn to ride on within minutes
  • to have a new possibility in order inlineskaters can skate on very small roads, in the future likely on streets ?
  • to improve speed comared to unicycles and e.g. segways
  • to improve braking copared to unicycles and e.g. all new selfbalancing vehicles
    (not one can make a full brake if it`s necessary)
  • most ecological:no noise, no fumes, no gasoline station, no extra trip to fill up …
  • more flexible

This new generation of electric powered sports bikes provides an exciting range
of flexibility and versatility. FlyRad, patent pending, is a winning
sports concept for youths and adults.

Thank you for taking time
Hear from you
The FlyRad team

. . .

I’m so confused about what’s going on

. . .

all I’m really sure of right now is that:
1.) I don’t want a flyrad, and if someone gave me one, I would kill it with fire. &
2.) flyrad representatives (or sellers) are complete @$$holes

Honestly I can’t even see how John Foss’s first comments were offensive at all O.o

I’ll bet the FlyRad definitely has a market amongst recreational inline skaters… it’s a cool concept for someone who is looking for a unique mode of transportation. That being said, I doubt that most unicyclists are interested in the product simply because the motivations to use each gadget are different. Unicyclists obviously do not mind traveling at relatively slow speeds, spending a large amount of time learning new “positions” (aka skills), and having a long breaking distance - it’s all about simplicity.

So FlyRad - your device has some marketable features, but trying to sell your product on the unicycle forums likely won’t be successful.

Uni forum users… some of you guys seems unnecessarily hostile to this guy. Consider toning it down a notch.

Hey, Flyrad is the one that came here with the haughty attitude, just remember that.

One thing I’m curious about is if this is to be considered an alternate mode of transport, where is it going to be used?
There’s no chance in hell that this is going to be allowed on roads with cars, buses, trucks and motorbikes.
Neither can I see this being allowed to be ridden on pavements or busy walkways.
Off-road? With inline skates? Nope.
Skateparks? No chance.
Which leaves private roads or your back garden.

Whoopee.

kinda like an electric skateboard or a motorized scooter.

you can use them, it’s just not legal to use them anywhere : )

1. On a unicycle you still have to pedal at whatever speed you’re going, which can become dangerous when you’re going too fast
  2. If you fall off of your unicycle (or fall down using anything for that matter) won’t you get run over by an angry FlyRoid?

FlyRad

Hi into the blue,
regulations for using a FlyRad are very different in each country.
Since a few month e.g. there is a new law in Germany that allows you to use inliners on certain bicycle paths. First signs are already on the roads. But there is still the problem that you can not brake them very well.
The main problem of some vehicles is that you can not brake them very well therefore you have to limit the speed (see segway).—> not so much fun to ride on.
This is the reason why some vehicles are not allowed on public streets.
Our aim is not to change from uniycle to a FlyRad!
Our aim is making things better.
When I was 18 I built a unicycle by myself (about 25 years ago) and it is still fun to ride on it.
Besides all of this I hope that uinicyclist.com stays a plattform for good information. I am sure it will never be a “turkish marketplace”.
Thomas Rank:)

If I may assist:
I’m quite sure he means bazaar. The mental image he wants to transport is merchants shouting to advertise…

@ Flyrad: Yes, you’re doing your best to prevent this. You’re totally not advertising, to the contrary.

Perfect !
Some friends from the area
Many reagards to Nürnberg:)
The FlyRad team

FlyRad- I showed this to my family and this post and my uncle said “i like the idea but the altitude made me hate the product”

what exactly was it about the altitude he didnt like?
does he prefer his motorized vehicles below sea level?

sorry spell check. *aditude

This thread gives me the same thrill as that the one about Dakoroman Drive System. Keep it up!

Nah, Dakoroman was funny/cool/inspiring and got us thinking. This guy is just sort of boorish.

Thanks for the majestic plural. I appreciate that as a chieftain.
We are still not convinced of your product though.

I think the FlyRad team thought I was suggesting their product was dangerous. But what I was referring to was using the FlyRad to power a BC Wheel, which would indeed be dangerous. But it would not represent a measurable percentage of the FlyRad market; something like 0.00%, maybe less.

True. The FlyRad would not be very useful with a unicycle or any other fixed gear cycle. And now that Dakoroman has been invoked, it’ll be an even steeper uphill battle. If the FlyRad Team would like some friendly advice, I recommend not posting to this thread anymore, other than to provide contact information or specific product answers.

Inlines are indeed famous for having braking problems. I was not aware of this for Segways though. I’ve wondered how “hard” they can stop but never had a chance to find out. Since they don’t have any “real” brakes, I bet this causes problems getting them to be legalized in various places.

I can’t believe this thread got to post #35 before Dakoroman got invoked? Possibly because some of us couldn’t remember his name…? :slight_smile:

Here lies madness (Segways in Germany)

In Germany, the means of braking isn’t the issue. Our general traffic approval act (StvZO) is quite explicit about not being explicit about the way a brake works. It’s only got to slower the vehicle “considerably” and hold it at a stop. (probably a value specifying “considerably” can be found somewhere).

But motorised vehicles that don’t fit into the stencil of usual types of vehicles are really hard and expensive to get approved around here :frowning: - in general.
Segways are now in the process of being legalised, and until that happens you can only get a “single-case approval”. The vehicle has to meet a new act that they’ve created for Segways and any other single-axis two-wheelers (axis is a legal term here, doesn’t have to literally be an axis). So the stopping power and other features* of any single Segway are officially tested in exchange for a fee, just like they were all home-built. :angry:
Oh, and they’ve got behind the development again - the segway act is restricted to vehicles narrower than 0,7 metres, and the new offroad model is wider than that -> not street legal, for what is not specified in an act cannot exist. Most “granny tricycles” are wider than that and will be ridden at lower average speeds. Yet they’re street legal and the Segway X2 isn’t. :roll_eyes:

• the bell, for instance! It’s got to have a bell, otherwise it would be too dangerous, right? Imagine a driver threatening to back into you while listening to death metal - what would you do if you didn’t have your “ping”-bell?

I like that I leave the forum for some time, return and see that my post has become a flame war.

And I’ve still not been able to find the answer to how the FlyRad can be used without skates. I’m thinking with enough practise in levitation. Think about it. It can be great for playing quidditch.