Florida Muni???

Swamp club (South West Area Mountialn Pedalers) is putting on thier annual Fat tire weekend on November 9th, 10th and 11th 2007 at Alafia River State Park, South of Brandon, Florida

Alafia is located on an old mining quary, and as such has many hills and hard pack trails from easy to wild.

A video of some bikeers on the trail can be found here

I was thinking of bringing my Torker DX 24 along with my b*ke and was wondering if any other muni riders might want to join me?

More info:
http://www.swampclub.org/alafiaftf.htm

Thanks,

Eddie

PS: I have been getting back to riding after a 30 year break and can ride only about 5 miles off road before getting total knackered now, but hope to be in much better condition then to do some longer rides.

Holy crap, Florida has hills! :slight_smile:

Good luck hooking up with other riders down there.

I can’t make it to this one, but I do visit Sarasota at least once a year since my folks live there. Next January, I’ll bring my muni and look you up again.

Florida Muni???

steveyo,

Yes please look me up in Jan, can contact me at
rogy130 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Eddie

No Florida Muni riders?

No Florida Muni riders out there?

I also left the first part of my email address in the post before this one.
It should read
frogy130 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Eddie

haha i though the same thing when i saw the title.

I was just looking through some old posts and found this. Alafia River State Park sounds like it has some nice cycling trails.

So frogy130, did you go? Can you tell me about the trails. From the descripton they seem a lot more firm than most around here. It’s good to know in case I find myself near the Tampa area.