Flat or Trial

Hello!

I have a huge problem!
I’m a trials and flatrider and i cant descide what of them i should go for?

I think trial is a lot more fun but i damaged my knee this summer and it has hurted all since that hapend.
I can’t practise highjump or even statichops!

I like flat to but it’s not that fun as trial.

The thing is that i don’t think that you can become a lot more skilled in trial when you are at the “expertlevel”.

In flatland you can allways learn longer combos and stuff like that.

What should i go for? Flat or Trial?

If you like trials, stay with trials. But first you have to heal your knee… Don’t let a little injury stops you doing what you like. I love MUNI and last year I got injured (I got 1 intervertebral disc destroyed in my back) and I couldn’t even walk good for about 10 months. I decided to heal as much as I can and I also spent some money for physiotherapies and now I can still ride, but I have to be very carefull what I do and I still feel some pain in my back sometimes, but it’s normal for that kind of injury. (+ I also have to do some exercises everyday for my back)
I will ride Muni till I can walk! :sunglasses:

EDIT:
The injury was old (from times I trained football) and it didn’t come because unicycling.

Just do both! Why do you really want to choose trials or flatland? I do both… well I ride flatland when I have nothing to do but I’d rather go ride trials. I just ride every style exept freestyle… I didn’t had to choose between all of them.

+1

Just do both. Look at Elias Poham, he’s very good at trials and flat and street, you don’t need to restrict yourself to one of those…

I agree

+1

But to be fair, he IS the best all round rider in the world :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with all, why not? But he said flat isnt that fun. I ride muni and trials + sometimes flatland cuz its fun but i dont do freestyle or hockey, basket:-)

Flat is insane fun. 5x more fun with others.

wrong!
I think trial become more interesting when you are on the ‘expertlevel’ :stuck_out_tongue:
In the begin it’s fun to jump on stairs…+ but if you become better in trials you can do A LOT more lines and it’s more fun.
You also never stop learning… look at Joe Hodges… He’s like the trial god, but he still is getting better.:stuck_out_tongue:

and flatland is fun to…
I think it’s more fun then trials when you don’t have somebody to ride with or live in a boring city :wink:
but flat is difficult!
trial is more fun because you don’t have to practise some kind of thing, you just have to ride a lot.
But If you don’t learn new combo’s in flatland you will never get very good + you also have to learn street tricks:)

=> just do both :smiley: I do both to (more trials, but still…)

Yeah, as about everyone else has said, why choose?

I think of a trials lines and flat combos as the same (except I think trial is more fun :p). You know, like hopping onto that skinnie is a trick in the combo, and gapping to a rock is the next trick. And if you do a couple of hops on the skinnie before gapping, it’s like hopping between a wrapwalk and backroll.

You could also mix them, like hopping onto a picnic table, then doing a wrapwalk and so on.

Can’t decide between Flat and Trials? If you can only pick one, make it Street. Then you have the best of both worlds, and you made a choice! But Then you’ll be stuck with it, so before you pick just one, I’d say give it some time. :wink:

+50 trillion