(Flat) Good to be Back

http://unicycle.tv/video/1076-GoodtobeBack

After 6 weeks of not unicycling, I finally return.

-Eli Brill

P.S.- I realize the song has been used. It’s not necessary to remind me :wink:

Loved the combo with the daiki walk, really nice.

DAIKI WALK! That’s what it’s called. It’s been on the tip of my tongue for like 3 weeks now.

Thanks, Spencer :smiley:

Yeah that was a sweet combo. You pulled it off really nice.
You need to stay uninjured now.

Flatland is going to be my friend in that aspect. :stuck_out_tongue:

Eli,

WTF.

nuff said.

(you’re a champ btw.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIEvSjK9nK8

Now on youtube. Vimeo in a little bit…

Sweet video, reminds me of Spencer a little. Looks like you’re putting that doublecrown to good use. :slight_smile:

Glad to see that you’re back:D. Very flowy flat nice job man. Hope to see another sick video soon.

Thanks!!

Upcoming videos will be awesome… My friend just got an HD camera. He is ordering his fisheye tomorrow, and also a handle for super smooth filming. We’ve already filmed two pretty nice combos.

:smiley:

Eli… I miss you man! haha Seriously your style has developed sooo much since I met you at naucc last year. Loving it. I’d have to say that right now my top 6 riders list is You, Will, Spencer, Colby, Sophia, and Isaac. no particular order haha just sayin’ you’re pretty up there as far as favorites go in my book. Can’t wait to see more videos from you! Just don’t break another body part… haha

Thanks, man! It really sucks that you can’t make NAUCC this year :frowning:

It’s nice to know that people enjoy my riding as much as I do. This style of flatland is so much fun!

Yeah, I’m really bummed but my reason for not going means I will be able to go to every naucc for as long as I can still unicycle after this year. :slight_smile: I want to make a new video. You think they’d play it at naucc this year if I sent it to someone who was going and had them bring it? haha, then I can still be part of naucc :stuck_out_tongue:

your style is just awesome :wink:

@Madison: hahaha, they might. I’m sure it wouldn’t be impossible.

@Felix: Thanks, man! :smiley:

that was nice.
the music fitted really well with the video. and your editing is becoming better and better ;D
that combo with that strange standup ww was awesome.

-Raphael

Thanks, Raphi!

That is my favorite trick. I do it all the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Eli verry veery nice video
I was kinda in the same position, i broke my leg and was out of riding for 6 months (including physio etc…)
Anyway, i was wondering, have you developed any muscle imbalances, are you as good as you were before the accident and are you at all scared of breaking it again, also how/what did you do? :slight_smile:

Hmm… For the most part, the foot is just a little sore. I’m guessing that’s normal. The majority of the pain is in my joints. They haven’t bent for so long, and unicycling really tends to involve some flexibility.

I wouldn’t say I’m better than before, I’ve just had a lot of time to think of nicer combos.

I’m quite scared of breaking it again… the doctor said that any kind of direct hard impact would crack the new bone. In which case I would need surgery, and miss my entire summer break. I haven’t done any kind of big unispins or flip tricks since before the injury; I’m riding strictly flatland for the time being.

I broke my foot attempting to blind grind a 5 set handrail. The video was actually posted here a while back.

edit:

The last clip there shows how I broke my foot and wrist… It doesn’t look nearly as brutal as it ended up being :stuck_out_tongue:

Ouch! (OK, so I am fairly new and didn’t see it first time around)

Supprised you weren’t in hospital for damage sustained to other parts of your body.